Apple's answer to Adobe

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I can't cay I've ever seen Apple do this... (correct me if I'm wrong).

Switch to Final Cut

You turn in your Adobe Premiere install CD, and they'll GIVE you a copy of Final Cut Express. This is there jab back after they announced they're dropping the Mac version of their video editing software. Of course, you can't blame Adobe. Who the hell uses Premiere anyway.

And damn, $99 US for Final Cut Express when you buy a new Mac. Nice little $200 savings.

Time to look for a $30 copy of an old version of Premiere on eBay?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    That is a sweet deal. I don't think anyone will mourn the loss of premiere.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

That is a sweet deal. I don't think anyone will mourn the loss of premiere.

heh, i dont think anyone uses premiere anymore...that is why adobe dropped it

aple makes such good software if apple made software for PC they'd be such a successful softtware company, but i guess they only make it for macs so they have control which makes it so good

so which came first...chicken or the egg
  • Reply 3 of 18
    This is certainly the best deal I have ever seen. But is it coming to the UK? If not then it's time to call that long lost American pen-friend.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    That's not just an answer that's the equivalent of Apple slamming the "virtual" door as Adobe takes it's ball and goes home in a huff.

Apple almost seems gleeful that they ran Adobe off. I underestimated how badly they want the Digital Video market. Surely more than Adobe.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

That's not just an answer that's the equivalent of Apple slamming the "virtual" door as Adobe takes it's ball and goes home in a huff.

Apple almost seems gleeful that they ran Adobe off. I underestimated how badly they want the Digital Video market. Surely more than Adobe.

well they are working hard for it...i hope they are succeeding and not just alienating themselves to the elite few who use apples
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I can't cay [say] I've ever seen Apple do this... (correct me if I'm wrong) .

Switch to Final Cut

You turn in your Adobe Premiere install CD, and they'll GIVE you a copy of Final Cut Express. This is there [their] jab back after they announced they're dropping the Mac version of their video editing software. Of course, you can't blame Adobe. Who the hell uses Premiere anyway. [?]

And damn, $99 US for Final Cut Express when you buy a new Mac. [?] Nice little $200 savings.

Time to look for a $30 copy of an old version of Premiere on eBay?

C-
  • Reply 7 of 18
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Fun with grammar.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I was typing fast, you miserable [SOUNDS LIKE BLUNT].

Actually I can't believe I did the THERE thing. I hate it when people do that!!!
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:

I was typing fast, you miserable [SOUNDS LIKE BLUNT].

Actually I can't believe I did the THERE thing. I hate it when people do that!!!

Now who's the kettle calling the pot black?
  • Reply 10 of 18
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I KNEW YOU WOULD COME IN HERE!!!

Hey, at least it's ONE post. i dont type like u r doin it all teh time. (pot calls the kettle black, btw) heh heh

• Reply 11 of 18
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

well, i, for one, don't see it like that. i mean, adobe stopped development on the product. there is NO TOMORROW for the mac premeire market, as per adobe. so people either have to switch to pc or switch to a competing product.

i think this is MORE aimed at apple preventing anyone from immediately jumping on the avid bandwagon when fleeing from the sinking premeire mac boat.

either way, i guess this means i can get express dirt cheap with a dual g5. but i wanted to just get a combo drive, not the superdrive, to save on cost. now it would make sense for me to get the superdrive if i am going to have access to things like express, idvd, etc.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    So what is apple going to do with the copies of premiere they re-aquire?

Have they got a deal with adobe? or do you get a free adobe coaster with ever apple purchase from now on?

I like the idea that there asking for window versions of premiere as-well.

• Reply 13 of 18
    Quote:

I KNEW YOU WOULD COME IN HERE!!!

Hey, at least it's ONE post. i dont type like u r doin it all teh time. (pot calls the kettle black, btw) heh heh

<me>

haha, yeah i know you are good at posting correctly and properly and i'm not...i did reverse it on purpose though...at the time i thought it made sense since the tables had turned...now i see it just makes me look stupid

</me>

<for murbot>

Haha, yeah I know you are good at posting correctly and properly and I'm not. I did reverse it on purppose though, at the time I thought it made sense since the table has turned. Now I see it, it just makes me look stupid.

</for murbot>

any better?

...if it wasn't for LoCash i wouldn't have noticed (thanks LoCash! )
  • Reply 14 of 18
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Do upgrade cd's count?
  • Reply 15 of 18
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    How long does this extend to, anyone know? I guess I'll be eligible for this when I get my new Mac? Cool.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    Thank You murbot!

--one of those lame ass premiere weirdo's
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Sweet. I have Premiere 5.5, and I am guessing that counts. I probably will use it to get FCP 4. 500 bucks is a great deal for the new product! Anyone know if this is also available in the Apple Retail stores? Or do you have to buy it at Apple.com? (I think I know the answer, but just making sure...)
  • Reply 18 of 18
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

C-

LMAO - no offence murbot, but that was a funny post!

Not that my posts are grammatically perfect - but LoCash's formatting was neat, his use of colours effective and his grade at the bottom succinct.