Handspring Treo 600

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Are there any infos on the web regarding Handspring's upcoming Treo 600 smartphone?

Here is a link to the products homepage http://www.handspring.com/treo600/index.jhtml.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    well, since handspring was bought by palm, all i can for certain say is to expect a DELAY.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    gf10gf10 Posts: 27member
    This is what I've been waiting for. To bad it's not bluetooth enabled, so much for using it to connect to the internet via a powerbook. And no, I don't want to waste another $150 on a bluetooth card on top of the price of the handheld when they become available.

Anyways, I myself have been doing some research on this device and have found out that all the info that's available is Here Scroll to the bottom of the page and there is plenty of links to websites with some good pictures.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    well, I just got off the phone with handspring support... and the kind lady on the line told me that there would be bluetooth support!!!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

well, I just got off the phone with handspring support... and the kind lady on the line told me that there would be bluetooth support!!!

Hope she's right. It's becoming more and more clear that my Moto T722i won't be able to replace my Palm PDA. So there's a good chance I'll be upgrading to a Palm phone later this year. The Treo 600 looks like the ticket.

Escher
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Hope she's right. It's becoming more and more clear that my Moto T722i won't be able to replace my Palm PDA. So there's a good chance I'll be upgrading to a Palm phone later this year. The Treo 600 looks like the ticket.

Escher

Ultimate product if it could have wifi and bluetooth added on as well. When are manufacturers going to get it? We want it all, we know it is possible now, and if they did it at a reasonable price, (and make sure it's iSync compatible), volume sales would take off.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    kumrabaikumrabai Posts: 66member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Escher

Ultimate product if it could have wifi and bluetooth added on as well. When are manufacturers going to get it? We want it all, we know it is possible now, and if they did it at a reasonable price, (and make sure it's iSync compatible), volume sales would take off.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    tkntkn Posts: 224member
    While there is space for a bluetooth card on the motherboard for future versions, I would rather have WiFi and be able to sync over the internet to my computer. If it had WiFi, I wouldn't really need Bluetooth.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Are we forgetting that Think Secret predicted OTA (over-the-air, i.e. over a GSM or CDMA connection) synchronization in iSync 2.0? Think Secret is also talking about iSync 1.2 in its latest update from today.

Just imagine. Once we can use good OTA IP services and OTA Sync, neither WiFi nor Bluetooth will be necessary in our smartphones.

Escher