New canon S230 need help on Software.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just bought a new Canon S230, and I was wondering if I should install the software that came with the computer. Or will iPhoto take care of it? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    You can use iPhoto and/or Image Capture to get the photos off the camera. I don't know if there is any other software that came with the camera the might be useful for something else.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    proxyproxy Posts: 232member
    Nice camera. iPhoto will tke care of the pics and you can use image capture to get hold of the video clips. The software on the cd will probably have a plug-in for remote control of the camera using photoshop.

I don't know if the S230 captures audio notes, but you'll need canons drivers to download them. Canon also include photo and video editing software on the CD. If you want to edit the video though I'd recommend just importing them into iMovie3 (iMovie2 required that you have QT Pro to convert them to DV first if I remember rightly).

Only other thing I can think of is that if you use OS9 that the CD will have drivers that let you use the camera as a card reader allowing you to upload images and video back to the camera.