Mac equivilent of Visio or CAD

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Quick question.

Does anyone know of any Mac software that works like Visio or CAD?

I want to do home improvement plans but i don't know what Mac software is out there...

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    www.omnigroup.com Omnigraffle.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jwthompjwthomp Posts: 7member
    I can't recommend OmniGraffle enough. Very stable and very easy to us. I've started using it for software design (UML).

You may want to take a look at their web page for extra stencials that they support:

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...raffle/extras/

Also, you can import Visio documents into it as well.

Good luck!

Jeff

Jeff Thompson

CTO, CodeTek Studios, Inc.

CodeTek VirtualDesktop, The way to multitasking was meant to be!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
    I never noticed this but i appear to have a copy of OmniGraffle (2.something) on the 12"pb. According to the license it was part of the pre installed bundle software and doesn't have an expiry date. Can't remember ordering a separate software bundle pack though ....
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by gardnerj

I never noticed this but i appear to have a copy of OmniGraffle (2.something) on the 12"pb. According to the license it was part of the pre installed bundle software and doesn't have an expiry date. Can't remember ordering a separate software bundle pack though ....

That's because you didn't need to order it. Your machine shipped with it from the factory. All pro models come with a software bundle. Note this is different from the software bundle you get when you purchase a consumer-grade machine.

Apple's online store has more information as to what is shipped on the HD from the factory