Affirmative action for democrats

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Why is it that so many of the threads here are just little bits from Rush Limbaugh? I mean LITERALLY. This issue was brought up this week.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Because the Rush limbraugh crowd still feels powerless despite the fact they own most of the marbles in this society.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

You are 100% correct. (You better take a screenshot again)

Hell no! I don't even want proof of you saying this...

Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

The fact that the AA admitted students often flunk out at disportionate rates and likely cause more racism as a result is of no consequence to supporters of AA.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that this is 100% correct, but it's definitely not a good argument to support this thread. It probably merits its own thread though.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

Because the Rush limbraugh crowd still feels powerless despite the fact they own most of the marbles in this society.

You have to admit that the rhetoric of oppression has worked well for them for a long time.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    More importanly midwinter, it has solds millions of books...
  • Reply 26 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

More importanly midwinter, it has solds millions of books...

Grr! That damned liberal media! If only they'd let us speak!

Interestingly, I've noticed lately that the guy covering for Limbaugh this week (Roger whatshisname) keeps trying to pitch that line when he's talking about war coverage. "Not one story about the good things in Iraq..." That kind of thing. It's actually pretty funny, because he'll say that and then follow it up with "All we hear are so many soldiers dead that day, humvees blown up, RPG attacks, power outages, low morale, no water, terrorist threats, not enough troops, the 3rd not coming home, no WMD yet. We never hear about the good things!"

Heh. Liberal media.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Erm, remind me...who was the last black presidential candidate from the Republican Party?

My memory must be really slipping, because I can't even recall the last national-ticket-nominated (Pres/VP) Republican who was not white, male and protestant.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

Erm, remind me...who was the last black presidential candidate from the Republican Party?

Dr. Alan Keyes ran in 1994.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

Dr. Alan Keyes ran in 1994.

He wasn't a candidate though, since he never got the nomination.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Carol Moseley Braun isn't running to win, but to revitalize her career. How many of you heard of her recently before she ran?

http://video.c-span.org:8080/ramgen/...61503_sweet.rm