The Paris Expo

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So does anyone think we'll see any new product announcements at Paris in September? Steve seems to be doing the keynote...sooo.... maybe?

I've decided to wait on a PB until they update them.... and this looks like a promising place to upgrade the entire line...

Perhaps Apple has altered the case somewhat to cool it more and provide for faster processors... dual??? mmmmm... that would be nice...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    that is more than two months away!
  • Reply 2 of 46
    gamblorgamblor Posts: 446member
    My, aren't we impatient
  • Reply 3 of 46
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Omek

So does anyone think we'll see any new product announcements at Paris in September? Steve seems to be doing the keynote...sooo.... maybe?

I've decided to wait on a PB until they update them.... and this looks like a promising place to upgrade the entire line...

Perhaps Apple has altered the case somewhat to cool it more and provide for faster processors... dual??? mmmmm... that would be nice...

updated PB's maybe, dual no, updated g4 98%, g5 1.9%, P4, .01%
  • Reply 4 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

updated PB's maybe, dual no, updated g4 98%, g5 1.9%, P4, .01%

What about the other .09%?
  • Reply 5 of 46
    ast3r3x is a young'n and thus incapable of complex mathematics
  • Reply 6 of 46
    omekomek Posts: 43member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

that is more than two months away!

I would like the updated powerbooks to be released right away, but you know Moto and all that.... How much you wanna bet that this ENTIRE Powerbook fiasco is happening, because Motorola is taking forever to manufacture the processors? \

I need a new PB bad for school, but I can survive for a few weeks into September. But if they've done some cool new stuff with the entire line, I think they would let Steve introduce them...
  • Reply 7 of 46
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gamblor

My, aren't we impatient

• Reply 8 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

What about the other .09%?

haha well i could admit it was a typo but that would just be silly of me so ill try and make an exscuse

SO here is what i say...the other .09% OBVIOUSLY is the possibility that everything will become a void, but since i dont have the time i didn't want to explain the complex math i used to fitgure out that there is a better change of a void occuring then P4 being used...so you understand ; )
  • Reply 9 of 46
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    A trusted, inside source sent me an e-mail yesterday, containing only four words. I found it quite telling:

bonjour aluminum key lime

Does that mean anything to anyone?

• Reply 10 of 46
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    key lime: was a flavor of ibook. (back in the color ibook days)

bonjor: french expo

what's with the ? You gotsa more info?
  • Reply 11 of 46
    = I'm joking/being silly (the key lime iBooks were originally unveiled in Paris in 2000. Combining that with alu...you know, I really shouldn't have to explain this.

• Reply 12 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

A trusted, inside source sent me an e-mail yesterday, containing only four words. I found it quite telling:

well i wasn't going to tell anyone but since i RECENTLY got fired from apple and am no longer located in the US i will tell you that 15" powerbook is getting a revamp

it will be aluminum anodized to make it lime green....i'd guess the bonjour is just cuz its in france
  • Reply 13 of 46
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    but the lime greeen was soooooo long ago...

time flies when its attached to a G5...

• Reply 14 of 46
    bihbih Posts: 44member
    Er, I GUESS lime green would be, er, cool. Ehh...
  • Reply 15 of 46
    Although it's pretty obvious that we're waiting on Moto for the 7457s, I now think Steve's plan doesn't allow for any hardware updates until the September timeframe anyway. Steve doesn't want any other model of Mac to compete with the G5s until they have been shipping for a while. Once you can just walk in to any Mac retailer and take home a G5, then we'll see 7457 based PBs and iMacs.

But that's two months away, you say. Well yes, but it looks like Steve is going to milk the back to school season with the current models. Throw in the push behind iSight and iChat AV ( a very EDU friendly selling point) and the very aggressive FCP E/Pro rebates and they'll sell enough of the aging consumer and portable lines. They can always throw in a iPod bundle or other rebate action by late August if things are too slow.

Then after all the clueless soccer moms have bought nine month old hardware for their kids, we'll get the new stuff at Paris.
  • Reply 16 of 46
    omekomek Posts: 43member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Although it's pretty obvious that we're waiting on Moto for the 7457s, I know think Steve's plan doesn't allow for any hardware updates until the September timeframe anyway. Steve doesn't want any other model of Mac to compete with the G5s until they have been shipping for a while. Once you can just walk in to any Mac retailer and take home a G5, then we'll see 7457 based PBs and iMacs.

But that's two months away, you say. Well yes, but it looks like Steve is going to milk the back to school season with the current models. Throw in the push behind iSight and iChat AV ( a very EDU friendly selling point) and the very aggressive FCP E/Pro rebates and they'll sell enough of the aging consumer and portable lines. They can always throw in a iPod bundle or other rebate action by late August if things are too slow.

Then after all the clueless soccer moms have bought nine month old hardware for their kids, we'll get the new stuff at Paris.

That about sums it up...

I also heard somewhere that he has released upgraded Powerbooks at this Expo before which really makes you lean toward that plan...
  • Reply 17 of 46
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

You may be on to something. Various shades of anodized green work on mountain bikes at least!

Oh man, I have to stay away from Speedgoat and their customer bike gallery.
  • Reply 18 of 46
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Key Lime is BEYOND cool.
  • Reply 19 of 46
    Guys I was JOKING. Can we not have "key lime" dominate the entire thread? There is no key lime, there was no "e-mail from a friend", etc.

\

One silly, throwaway comment...

• Reply 20 of 46
    delphikidelphiki Posts: 76member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Although it's pretty obvious that we're waiting on Moto for the 7457s, I now think Steve's plan doesn't allow for any hardware updates until the September timeframe anyway. Steve doesn't want any other model of Mac to compete with the G5s until they have been shipping for a while. Once you can just walk in to any Mac retailer and take home a G5, then we'll see 7457 based PBs and iMacs.

Is iChat AV really an EDU selling point? I can't say that'd effect my purchase plans, though they are cool, and I don't know many (if any) students who would change their plans according to that. They already have an iPod bundle for students.. $200 off if you buy an iPod and any laptop. I think the iPod bundle is what Apple should really be advertising if they want to push more old laptops out the door. I already have a 10gb second generation iPod but I'm considering upgrading to the 30gb third generation if I buy a new laptop.

I'm not clueless or a soccer mom but I still might by the current 15" TiBook or a 12" Aluminum if there is no refresh in the next couple weeks, or I could just get too frustrated with waiting and buy something with a celeron, but that's unlikely I think since I've really been wanting to switch - well, not switch, but just add a third platform to my collection really.