Pods unite. VW and Apple

sebseb
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    that is pretty cool, they should do it on all volkswagens though because i hate the beetle
  • Reply 2 of 9
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    It probably has more to do with two American icons getting more attention, which leads to money, than shear money.

Does that make sense?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    I saw a commercial for this last night during the all-star game. Pretty cool.

Personally, I like it better than the new G5 ads.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    another thread about this in digital hub
  • Reply 5 of 9
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by seb

I saw a commercial for this last night during the all-star game. Pretty cool.

I haven't seen either ad on TV yet. But if the Pods Unite ad is anywhere near as good as the new VW Touareg (and previous) ads, I bet it will be killer. I wish Apple and/or VW would post the Pods Unite ad for download! I haven't seen any digitized versions of TV recordings of that ad either.

Escher
  • Reply 6 of 9
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    BTW: Apple has posted a special Pods Unite page with the TV commercial and a detailed description (incl. Flash demo) of how it all works. It looks like it's just a cassette adapter. They really should have worked on a line-in solution, and I hope they will do so in the future.

Escher
  • Reply 7 of 9
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Eh, I like the styling of the new Beetles, but hear that the manufacture is poor.

What I'd like to see is a free 12" Powerbook with the purchase of a Mini Cooper, with the Cooper matching the beautiful brushed metal tones of the PB, it could have a turbo charger and be called the Power Mini.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I saw the "Pods Unite" commercial for the first time tonight, during CSI. As soon as the commercial started I said to myself: "This has to be a VW commercial. Or maybe Apple." Then it turned out to be both. I too like it better than the G5 commercial. Although I rather enjoy that one too.

Edit: Just watched the commercial again. I know nobody reads it (well, I do) but come on... white on white text? Even for the fine print, that's pretty bad (although it does preserve the aesthetics of the commercial better than black on white would).
  • Reply 9 of 9
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

What I'd like to see is a free 12" Powerbook with the purchase of a Mini Cooper, with the Cooper matching the beautiful brushed metal tones of the PB, it could have a turbo charger and be called the Power Mini.

Now we are talking.