Arg, I cracked...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I tried to wait for the new PowerBooks. I've been waiting for months... then comes Wednesday, and the Apple Store went down, and I was sure then 15" AlBook was going to be introduced.

Alas, as we all know, this was not the case. However, it pushed me over the edge. I am now the proud owner of the most future-proof PowerBook available, the mighty 17" Lapzilla.

I would have prefered the 15" form factor, but I must say this is a beautiful machine. The backlit keyboard is an especially nice feature!

John

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by John Whitney

I tried to wait for the new PowerBooks. I've been waiting for months... then comes Wednesday, and the Apple Store went down, and I was sure then 15" AlBook was going to be introduced.

Alas, as we all know, this was not the case. However, it pushed me over the edge. I am now the proud owner of the most future-proof PowerBook available, the mighty 17" Lapzilla.

I would have prefered the 15" form factor, but I must say this is a beautiful machine. The backlit keyboard is an especially nice feature!

John

its ok, its a very nice piece of machinery...ya know i live in pa too perhaps u want to let me borrow it for a year while you travel to the northpole to 'find urself' eh?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Well, if Apple comes out with something new in the next 30 days, you can always trade your new machine in.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    actually, i wouldn't feel bad about the 17" at least it's all the new tech.

if you'd gotten a 15" odds are you'd be kicking yourself in the next few weeks.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by John Whitney

. I am now the proud owner of the most future-proof PowerBook available, the mighty 17" Lapzilla.

Lapzilla...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

actually, i wouldn't feel bad about the 17" at least it's all the new tech.

if you'd gotten a 15" odds are you'd be kicking yourself in the next few weeks.

Which is exactly why I bought the 17". The only thing I wish it had that might be upcoming is USB 2.0 ports. However, it's still a work of art even with that minor flaw.

Man, the screen on this thing is fantastic.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kecksy

Well, if Apple comes out with something new in the next 30 days, you can always trade your new machine in.

WRONG!

I purchased a Ti800 for $3299 (it was actually more, since I got the 60GB HD, a gig of RAM... the works) a mere 12 days before the 1GHz announced. Called Apple. Their answer? "Ha, sucker! I KNEW our May-to-November product lapses would make customers our biaches!"

I just sold that machine for $1600 today, and I'm not budging until the twelvies get revised. I can hold out until then: I have my Lindows box. How auspicious it was that I splurged on that. I want to thank whoever the brave poster was that announced his purchase of one, inflicting mighty peer pressure on me. It may have a UI that only a mother could love, but at $200, at least it's functional.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Steve

WRONG!

I purchased a Ti800 for $3299 (it was actually more, since I got the 60GB HD, a gig of RAM... the works) a mere 12 days before the 1GHz announced. Called Apple. Their answer? "Ha, sucker! I KNEW our May-to-November product lapses would make customers our biaches!"

You're sure this isn't because you computer was BTO?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

It may have a UI that only a mother could love, but at $200, at least it's functional.

funniest thing i've read today
  • Reply 9 of 9
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

WRONG!

I just sold that machine for $1600 today, and I'm not budging until the twelvies get revised. I can hold out until then: I have my Lindows box. How auspicious it was that I splurged on that. I want to thank whoever the brave poster was that announced his purchase of one, inflicting mighty peer pressure on me. It may have a UI that only a mother could love, but at $200, at least it's functional.

Ouch, a friend of mine was in your situation, except she got really lucky, a sales guy told her when she was about to buy the 800, that 1ghz machines were coming in a few days, so he cut her a deal, and she got the 1ghz 15 inch for the price of the 800 mhz(saved like 500 bucks or something like that)