Join Tracks Feature In iTunes

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
This is from Apple.com/itunes

"Join Tracks feature

iTunes 4 rips music seamlessly to AAC or MP3 format with a Join Tracks feature that allows you to meld two or more songs into one continuous, gap-free track ? perfect for listening to classical music, concept rock albums and extended dance mixes.

Ever noticed how ripping some music tracks to MP3 format creates a small gap between songs that interrupts the flow of your music? That?s because many music CDs contain songs that blend into each other, but are separated by track numbers for reference (that is, concept albums, trance/electronic mix albums, classical performances and so on). Suffer the silence no more, since iTunes 4 comes with the new Join Tracks feature that lets you rip two or more tracks as a single, uninterrupted song."

Now i can't find anywhere how i do this...how do i join tracks in iTunes?

Frank_t

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Select the songs (on the CD, you must import the music from the CD after joining) you want to join and choose "Join CD Tracks" from the Advanced menu. If you've already imported the music, you'll have to re-import it and join the tracks this time. It will result in a single MP3 file being created, which unfortunately prevents you from listening to any of the songs independently, but it does prevent the gaps from happening.

EDIT: This feature first appeared in iTunes 3, released one year ago today. So it's not new with version 4.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Joining tracks is used when importing them from CD (I think only from CD) only. It just creates one long track, and they can't be separated or re-joined arbitrarily.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Joining tracks is used when importing them from CD (I think only from CD) only. It just creates one long track, and they can't be separated or re-joined arbitrarily.

And you lose all track information... I believe ID3v2 supports track information within a single file but no one has implemented it yet. (I should have a look at the spec again and see if that's right)

WM
  • Reply 4 of 5
    tiktik Posts: 57member
    Is there some way to create one long track out of a multi-disk audiobook?

I have some stuff that's on 7 CDs and I want it as one file like an Audible audio file.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Which stinks, I wish iTunes could create seperate tracks from singular long tracks. Or at least have the ability to input play markers so that you could navigate through different sections of one long track as though it was multiple tracks.