World Political Spectrum...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone who has paid any attention to what I've said knows I'd be over on the Korean penninsula in a hearbeat the day the Kim Jung Il regime falls, the DMZ dissolves and the refugees begin their way to the South. As a photographer I'd love to be one of the first to document such a historic moment.

So, besides Bush losing re-election, we know that is what a lot of you want to see, what change in the world political spectrum would want to see and perhaps be a participant, and in what capacity?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Giving Africa its freedom back. Only way is to remove its economical obligation to the west made during non-representative "leaders" years back. And invest massive in education. Compared to this AIDS is a minor and inferior problem.

And my role? Create a pattern analysis program for the G5 that can optimise investments on the stock a currency markeds enough to make it into a money machine. And then use the money for the above two purposes
  • Reply 2 of 7
    End of farm subsidies, in particular by the US and France.

More atheists, or just as good would be the end of the hateful Ralph Reed/Jerry Falwell/Pat Robertson splinter group of faux Christianity which has become so popular in this country at the expense of actual compassionate liberal Christianity.

And an attempt to engage Cuba. The embargo is pointless and has been for quite a while, if not the entire time. Castro won't live forever, I think.

Serious moves to tackle overpopulation.

Also the US should work to promote baseball as the greatest sport in the world, while simultaneously subsidizing soccer so that we can own the rest of the world at their favorite sport while remaining completely apathetic. It would drive them nuts to see us win a World Cup and not even have most Americans know or care that we have won it. And what better goal is there than to drive the rest of the world nuts?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    ariari Posts: 126member
    Quote:

End of farm subsidies, in particular by the US and France.

I'll see your "ending farm subsidies" and raise you "the end of ALL corporate welfare."

Additionally, I'd like to the establishment of a living wage, a fair tax system, campaign finance reform, real adherence to Kyoto and other enviornmental concerns, the legalization of drugs, the banning of firearms and universal health care.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Well you can always dream. So basically you want something like Amsterdam? But closer to Fenway.

How about a real conservationist as a president? Haven't had one of those since at least FDR.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    originally posted by Anders
    Quote:

And my role? Create a pattern analysis program for the G5 that can optimise investments on the stock a currency markeds enough to make it into a money machine.

Watching Pi again?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    A hug,

A glass of clean water.

A little bit of food

A roof over my family's head

A future for my children

another hug for all mankind

Love Hope & Charity
  • Reply 7 of 7
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Damn you aquafire and your feel good simple answers. C'mon man, let's see some unrealistic ambitious fantasies.