REALLY short firwire cables.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i have 6 drives i want to chain together. they used to come with 6" (inch) or shorter firiwire cable, but now come with 3 foot cables. i'd really like to keep the clutter to a minimum. anyone know where i can buy firewire cables under a foot long?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I always thought that 6" extension cables for everything from power to USB to FireWire would be incredibly useful. I know I've needed them more than once.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    found place that holds 9in and 12in cables... will be on the look out for shorter stuff

another link which I personally wouldn't do myself for the obvious reasons: http://www.fixup.net/tips/usb/
  • Reply 3 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
  • Reply 4 of 8
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    FireWire Depot is your friend.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    never heard of either of those two places before, but i have two new bookmarks. thanks, i'll try those out.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

FireWire Depot is your friend.

yeah, definitely check out firewire depot. some of their cables even come in pretty colors.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pesi

yeah, definitely check out firewire depot. some of their cables even come in pretty colors.

one piece of advice with firewire depot -- some of the units they sell are crap (not their fault, i guess), but they will NOT accept the return unless you retain EVERYTHING that came to you, including ALL original packaging. i was left with a dead firewire drive case (well, it actually killed any hard drive we put in it), and we couldn't get them to repair or replace it). i've been wary of their stuff ever since.

others' experience may be different. just relating my one purchase and problems with them, though.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    cool, i'm just buying cable though, so it should be pretty safe. i'll post here if anything goes wrong though.