Menu Extra Enabler :: haxie

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
http://www.unsanity.com/download.php?product=mee

has anyone used the Menu Extra Enabler haxie from Unsanity and experienced stability problems?

I'm wanting to use a menubar-only weather program (meteorologist doesn't work properly anymore) and both WeatherManX and WeatherPop require this haxie to install into the menubar .......

So far I've kept my mac haxie-free, and if possible, I would like to keep it like that.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I'm running the latest WeatherPop and it hasn't asked me to install any haxie....
  • Reply 2 of 8
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    are you able to use the program in the menubar WITHOUT the program in the dock?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by badtz

are you able to use the program in the menubar WITHOUT the program in the dock?

Yeah, actually, I am. Always have been able to...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I guess weatherpop DOES install in the menubar correctly.

Can't believe I missed it. Thanks for the tip!

Does anyone know if you can get rid of the icon next to the temperature in the menubar? takes up so much space in addition to the numeric for the temp.

thanks
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by badtz

I guess weatherpop DOES install in the menubar correctly.

Can't believe I missed it. Thanks for the tip!

Does anyone know if you can get rid of the icon next to the temperature in the menubar? takes up so much space in addition to the numeric for the temp.

thanks

Not that I know of, but you should email the developers and ask. I emailed them and asked to make the "Five day forecast", and other information when you pull down the menu, in black text. Surely enough, next release, the option was there.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Weatherpop, it appears, can take two different forms. If you don't have Menu Extra Enabler, it runs as a fixed application in the menubar, which means it's location is fixed and you can't CMD-drag it around like the other menu items. If you do have Menu Extra Enabler installed (which I do), it runs as a menu item and thus takes advantage of all the menu item features (which is mainly the ability to move it around among the other menu items).
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Actually meteo does work, You have to go to the site that it brings you to and at the bottom it says this is no longer the home page and it provides a link to the source forge page. I just found that out today actually.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I've been using the latest meteo version [i believe 1.2.9] , but the temp. readings go in and out of function.

I also have 5 other locations I keep track of, and those don't even come up at all.

:X

I've submitted a request to glu about the having the icon be optional.

and also, taking out the 3 "favorites" limit.