Impressions of Epson All-in-Ones

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm contemplating the purchase of a CX3200 or CX5200 but its OS X support seems sketchy at best. Does anybody own either of these all-in-ones and care to provide their impressions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    elricelric Posts: 230member
    I am contemplating the purchase of the Epson CX5200 because it has the separate color cartridges instead of just one with all 3 in it. If anyone has one of these speak up please and let us know how you like it. Does it have a twain scanner interface or is it some custom job thats a pain to use like Lexmark's?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    I know that this is not strictly on topic, but I think that the cheap HP AIOs are great. I have a 1210, which cost only £99, but it copies well and cheaply, and the options like fit to page that it does even when not connected to a computer work very well. In addition, they are not too thirsty despite the low cost of the machine and the smallish cartridges.

David
  • Reply 3 of 6
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I will never support Epson again after they shafted my printer when we all moved to X. I have an HP 6110 AllInOne and it's sweet! Very quiet (unlike Epson's) and prints photos very nicely. Fax is great and copying is a breeze. It also has a 'scan to' where yo can choose scan to photoshop, scan to preview, scan to etc, and whether to scan as jpg or tiff, all from the front of the unit. Very nice automation. I have been happy with HP's 940c so I figured I'd go with their all in one over any Epson, as they lost my business long ago.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    My former high school received a couple of HP scanners that shipped with a X-compatible HP scanning app that included a lot of the functions you mention (i.e. scan to, etc.). Unfortunately, this particular piece of software was horrendous and often LOCKED UP our machines running Jaguar. This (and my friend's pathetic HP inkjet) has made me wary of HP Mac "solutions." Have you had any problems with the HP software in X?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:

and prints photos very nicely.

I have always thought HP's photo printing ability kind of sucked.

\
  • Reply 6 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I only have an opinion on AIO multifunction printer/scanner/copiers in general. They're not very good...when one component breaks, everything breaks. Driver support for these devices always lags behind the single-function devices.