Legal implications

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I originally wrote this under the "personal attacks again " post hoping to reduce the amount of "posts" traffic.

But I get the feeling that the mods have missed my point & it is a fairly serious one...

And it is this..

I am deeply trouble by the posting title :

" Dusty Baker is a retard "

This person is being slandered / defamed & would be perfectly within their rights to take civil action to seek compensation from the courts.

While I understand that any such posts do not represent the opinions of Appleinsider..I suspect that lawyers could argue that Appleinsider was either derelict in its duty of care..or was complicit in allowing an individual to be slurred and in allowing such title thread to continue unchallenged and un-altered.

" Ad homin attacks " between individual Ai'ers can get uncomfortable, but they are done under the relative anonymity of a tag name. It at least alows for some sort of privacy...

Naming a real person and calling them a "retard" is a whole different ball game...and should be deeply frowned upon, if not banned outright...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    yeah, that's insulting to the mentally handicapped to compare them to Dusty Baker.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Just a question : who is Dusty Baker ?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Just a question : who is Dusty Baker ?

the manager of scott's favorite baseball team the chicago cubs.

he also managed the national league team in the all star game on the 15th of july, much to eugene's displeasure.

it was meant in humor. if you read the thread.

the pat robertson thread that i started and copped eugene's title was a joke as well, although i think there is some serious dementia going on inside mr. robertson, and would welcome a civil trial so he could prove otherwise.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

http://www.dustybaker.com/

i find it very ironic that the manager of the chicago cubs has a book entitled "you can teach hitting".

very ironic.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

the manager of scott's favorite baseball team the chicago cubs.

he also managed the national league team in the all star game on the 15th of july, much to eugene's displeasure.

it was meant in humor. if you read the thread.

the pat robertson thread that i started and copped eugene's title was a joke as well, although i think there is some serious dementia going on inside mr. robertson, and would welcome a civil trial so he could prove otherwise.

Thanks, everything is cristal clear now

Eugene : congratulations for your title editing : more subtle and even more offensive
  • Reply 7 of 7
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Thanks, everything is cristal clear now

Eugene : congratulations for your title editing : more subtle and even more offensive

Thanx Eugene...I grabs megaphone.." All you legal vultures can stop salivating..."