Silly question about the G5-- does the power button pulse?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've really become attached to the pulsing that Mac power buttons do when they are sleeping, and the solid glow when they are awake. Does anyone know whether or not the G5's power button is lit?

Stupid question, but I had to ask.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    You bet they do... the power buttons have pulsed for a long while and there is no reason to change it now. I can remember Cubes and B&Ws pulsing...

A@ron
  • Reply 2 of 12
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    oh awesome i didn't think the button was lit up...i was hoping it was
  • Reply 3 of 12
    I'd call the apple store but Im willing to bet money...

A@ron
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Good grief. Who friggin' cares?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    They do not pulse. I just got back from the show. There is a very small light on top of the power button that pulses. This may be a pre-production thing or it may be real. The power button was not etched all the way through to allow light to shine like the MDD.

Sorry, but no pulsing button.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    No pulsing button! Someone must pay!
  • Reply 7 of 12
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    It's okay that the whole button doesn't pulse. I just wanted a sleep indicator. So I'm assuming that that light is like the little light on the alubooks' clasp-button?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    alecralecr Posts: 33member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Silverlode

Good grief. Who friggin' cares?

Obviously the person that created this thread cares. Why do you care???
  • Reply 9 of 12
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

It's okay that the whole button doesn't pulse. I just wanted a sleep indicator. So I'm assuming that that light is like the little light on the alubooks' clasp-button?

That is exactly what happens when it goes to sleep. However it is very subtle. It missed it at first. I had to look hard to find the light at all.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

That is exactly what happens when it goes to sleep. However it is very subtle. It missed it at first. I had to look hard to find the light at all.

That's actually a good thing. Many members on these forums wouldn't stop complaining about how it was impossible for the user to sleep when the user's computer was also sleeping, because of the light.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    macubusmacubus Posts: 95member
    Quote:

Originally posted by A@ron

You bet they do... the power buttons have pulsed for a long while and there is no reason to change it now. I can remember Cubes and B&Ws pulsing...

A@ron

B&Ws don't pulse, unless I have an anomaly on my hands.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by macubus

B&Ws don't pulse, unless I have an anomaly on my hands.

Ok I stand corrected, my memory is not what it used to be. The B&W I had had a powermate which pulsed when it slept

A@ron