10.2.4 > 10.2.5 > 10.2.6

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I've had my ibook aprox. 2 1/2 mos. I love it and have almost no problems. It came loaded with 10.2.4 Should I upgrade up to the newest versions 10.2.5 then to 10.2.6 or should I be okay? What are the differences?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
    I've applied .5 and .6 as and when they came out with no problems. But i would say unless your having specific problems that you think might be addressed by these patches there is no real requirement. Working on the "if it aint broke ... " principle.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I don't know...I always update. Always have, but especially with X. Never had any problems doing so. Anyway, I hate not being "current". Drives me nuts.

Working on the "maybe it's snappier, more stable..." principle.

• Reply 3 of 8
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    I have two computers, one running 10.2.3 the other running 10.2.6. Never noticed any difference.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    10.2.4 was extremely buggy on my machine. I upgraded to 10.2.6 and it works great now, apart from the fact that it crashes every time it tries to wake form sleep mode.

Can't have it all I geuss.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    I believe (but would have to double-check, and I'm just too lazy to search for it ) that 10.2.5 and/or 10.2.6 included a security fix, but then I'm wrong half the time so go figure...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    10.2.5 may have come with one. However I think security downloads are separate to an OS update most of the time.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Go on. Upgrade. They're free, and you know you want to...
  • Reply 8 of 8
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    I'd say upgrade, as little updates like those are most useful for newly released machines.

David