Steve Jobs a Traitor?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    What are you talking about? Macs have better audio software then PCs. There are small exceptions like Acid and Sonar but what are you looking for in particular? You will find a lot of Mac musicians here who can help you. Good luck!
  • Reply 22 of 29
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    G5's weren't available at the time of the purchase. And NO, a purchase of this magnitude cannot be delayed.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

There are small exceptions like Acid

Soundtrack is made by they guy behind Acid.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

What are you talking about? Macs have better audio software then PCs. There are small exceptions like Acid and Sonar but what are you looking for in particular? You will find a lot of Mac musicians here who can help you. Good luck!

I think he was saying that he was looking for apps that had both the Mac and PC versions in the same box, and that he couldn't find any audio apps that did, not that there aren't any digital audio apps for Mac.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    wan't this discussed a bazillion years ago here \
  • Reply 26 of 29
    macubusmacubus Posts: 95member
    just be happy it's not MS
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

I think he was saying that he was looking for apps that had both the Mac and PC versions in the same box, and that he couldn't find any audio apps that did, not that there aren't any digital audio apps for Mac.

Bingo!

Perhaps Cubase comes as a PC+MAC CD (but I haven't checked). But I had Cubase and hated it. The interface sucked. Now I love my Sonar but can't get it for the mac. Soundtrack looks amazing, but nobody at Apple is able to tell me if my control surface would be supported. I thought it was supposed to be easy to switch?!?!?!

Oh, and to the other dude, I wasn't here a bazillion years ago. Sorry for the deja vu.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    idebaseridebaser Posts: 121member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

Bingo!

Perhaps Cubase comes as a PC+MAC CD (but I haven't checked). But I had Cubase and hated it. The interface sucked. Now I love my Sonar but can't get it for the mac. Soundtrack looks amazing, but nobody at Apple is able to tell me if my control surface would be supported. I thought it was supposed to be easy to switch?!?!?!

Oh, and to the other dude, I wasn't here a bazillion years ago. Sorry for the deja vu.

Logic 5 is both PC+MAC CD...if you buy the "big box" package, you get that and a couple plug ins for both...also for MAC's you get a free upgrade to Logic 6 for OS-X...not a bad if you want it on both formats...but OSX is now the way to go w/ core audio built in
  • Reply 29 of 29
    bostonmhbostonmh Posts: 97member
    Like I said when Steve first went to intel base servers (remember everyone one upset because is spoke at an intel meeting), that yes he stated that intel would give pixar better performance than sun micro. I said back then do not be surprised if in 2005 Steve states that he is moving Pixar to the PPC because it would give pixar better performance than intel.