Panther Leaked Already? [RUMOR]

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Rumor has it, some people have already gotten their hands on Panther and have distributed it to friends. Please refresh my memory: When is the official release date? I'm guessing that it would still be a work in progress until the final version is done.

How the heck does something like this get leaked (if in fact, the rumor is true)??? Developers? Friends of friends of freinds? Repair/software techinicians getting Panther savvy before the release?

I'm just curious as to how this happens. I remember seeing odd versions of Safari floating around months before the final version.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Umm ... I'm fighting back making a really wise ass comment... and just say, "yea it was leaked".

Wow that was so unlike me...

Check out the OS X forum, loads of good info.

Dave
  • Reply 2 of 4
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trebuchet

Rumor has it, some people have already gotten their hands on Panther and have distributed it to friends. Please refresh my memory: When is the official release date? I'm guessing that it would still be a work in progress until the final version is done.

How the heck does something like this get leaked (if in fact, the rumor is true)??? Developers? Friends of friends of freinds? Repair/software techinicians getting Panther savvy before the release?

I'm just curious as to how this happens. I remember seeing odd versions of Safari floating around months before the final version.

Where have you BEEN for the last month? All the warez kiddies got it and are already tired of it. Hell, you can find it on the free servers now. That's how old hat it is.

My guess is that some developer lets a "friend" see his copy and BOOM! it's out in the wild. All it takes is one copy to get out.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    trebuchettrebuchet Posts: 176member
    Under a rock, apparently! Actually, I don't DL much in the way of warez, so I never really looked for it. I'm looking forward to it though.

Shame on me for being out of the loop...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Yeah, Panther was being actively distributed within three hours of the end of the WWDC Keynote. At least, that's what I observed...

Anyhow...

1) This isn't Software, it belongs in Mac OS X.

2) There are plenty of threads in the Mac OS X forum discussing Panther.

(lockinated)