Mail's Junk Filter

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Well, it is still in training I guess...

Damn Apple, sending me junk mail!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Well, it is still in training I guess...

Damn Apple, sending me junk mail!

It's obviously thinking that NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND could possibly order enough to get so many of those order confirmation messages. But, murbot, you break all the rules of sanity when it comes to buying stuff.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dfryerdfryer Posts: 140member
    Funny story - the other day I recieved some e-mail from Apple which made no sense at all. It seemed to be a machine-generated confirmation that some request had been authorized, but what had been requested, or authorized, was totally unclear.

I sent off an e-mail to the "Further questions?" address at the bottom of the message, in an effort to find out what the heck the message ment. I then recieved e-mail from two different personal addresses at apple.com, giving various explanations about me being the back-up for someone's work group. At this point I realized that they thought I was *someone else entirely*... they thought they were talking to another Apple employee, and not to a 2nd year Canadian university student. Sadly, I e-mailed them back and cleared it up, instead of trying to weasel myself deeper into the bowels of Apple

It turned out that for reasons completely unknown, my email address was in the address book of an Apple employee, and my name was substantially similar to the name of the intended recipient...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfryer

It turned out that for reasons completely unknown, my email address was in the address book of an Apple employee, and my name was substantially similar to the name of the intended recipient...

So... who do you know working at Apple?