Motorola v60g and iSync

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I see that the Motorola v60i will work with iSync but I was wondering if anyone had any success with the v60g. I've seen the model called the v60i(g) before and was wondering if it's really the same phone.

I currently own a T68i and just can't stand the reception and the dropped calls. This is my second model T-Mobile has sent me and it's horrible.

Can anyone recommend any other phones that work with iSync that will work with T-Mobile?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Wanna sell yur t68i?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jay Contonio

I see that the Motorola v60i will work with iSync but I was wondering if anyone had any success with the v60g. I've seen the model called the v60i(g) before and was wondering if it's really the same phone.

I currently own a T68i and just can't stand the reception and the dropped calls. This is my second model T-Mobile has sent me and it's horrible.

Can anyone recommend any other phones that work with iSync that will work with T-Mobile?

I think it's the same phone, at least based on the advice of my cell phone salesman best friend, but don't quote me on that.

Personally, I HIGHLY recommend the Nokia 3650. I got mine free through a rebate deal with Amazon.com and T-Mobile and I LOVE this phone. Works seamlessly with iSync over a Bluetooth connection, and it's just a kick-ass cool phone. Enjoy!

PS - Looks like that free deal is still going on if you're interested.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Thanks for the advice...I am already under contract with T-Mobile though...The 3650 looks great but it's too much phone for me...I only want a small flip phone which syncs to my mac...I don't need the palm pilot features or cameras or anything.

Thanks for the reply.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Thanks for the advice...I am already under contract with T-Mobile though...The 3650 looks great but it's too much phone for me...I only want a small flip phone which syncs to my mac...I don't need the palm pilot features or cameras or anything.

Thanks for the reply.

Then the v60 may be exactly what you're looking for. My wife has the v60i (TDMA version) on the Cingular network and she LOVES that phone. I've got to admit, it's a solidly built little phone: sturdy and easy to use. It's supposedly iSync capable with a USB cable, but I haven't shelled out the $30 for the cable so I can't attest to its syncing ability. Bluetooth was a MUST for me, so the Nokia 3650 was a natural (plus, it has enough gadgets to keep my inner geek happy). Whatever you end up with, I hope you enjoy!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Thanks a lot guys I'm just trying to figure it all out. I am going to go to T-Mobile tomorrow and try both phones. I hope they let you take one out of a box and demo it. I like the features of the 3650 but it just seems rather large for a phone. With that and my iPod I'll have to constantly carry a bag around.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Thanks a lot guys I'm just trying to figure it all out. I am going to go to T-Mobile tomorrow and try both phones. I hope they let you take one out of a box and demo it. I like the features of the 3650 but it just seems rather large for a phone. With that and my iPod I'll have to constantly carry a bag around.

The 3650 is definitely on the bulky side as far as modern phones go. It was an upgrade for me from a 4 year old Motorola StarTac (probably the best form factor for a phone I've ever had, but with the absolute worst, hardest to use interface possible), so it was definitely a change in size. I usually carry my phone in my pants pocket, so it does tend to cause something of a bulge. However, it makes up for it, in my mind, by being exceptionally light, cool, and feature packed.

Good luck on your search!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    The v60 series is a piece of crap. Motorola's user interface and menu system are badly thought out, disorganized, and counterintuitive, the phone series has been around forever, and most have been discontinued and providers/agents/stores are just selling what they've had left or stockpiled in their warehouses. Not a good idea to go investing in a v60, but it would be an ok stopgap until you get a real new phone.

There are a couple positive things about the v60, like the changeable faceplates (few flip phones offer this), the Original ones being made of an aluminum material which holds up extremely well, and the phone is very popular so you can find a huge array of accessories for it. However, you can also find tons of accessories (including faceplates, obviously) for the Nokia 5100 series, but that does not make it a good phone by today's standards.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    And what (in your opinion) is a good phone of today? All I want is something that works, that is small, and syncs with iSync. I thought this was the T68i but I was sadly mistaken. The T68i is the biggest piece of junk I have ever bought and it's taken me almost a year to finally come to this conclusion.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Quote:

And what (in your opinion) is a good phone of today? All I want is something that works, that is small, and syncs with iSync. I thought this was the T68i but I was sadly mistaken. The T68i is the biggest piece of junk I have ever bought and it's taken me almost a year to finally come to this conclusion.

Well, you go to any review or forums site and you will find hundreds of threads from the previous years telling tales of the T68i, mainly ranting about RF performance (signal), and other minor things.

There are plenty of good phones today. What would you like? Flip, color, camera, bluetooth, organizer features, changeable faceplates, games, web, keyboard, what network would you like to use it on, what network features would you like to use, what is more important to you (features, aesthetics, fun, price), how long would you like it to last, do you have any qualms buying an unlocked phone and sticking your SIM in it or do you want to sign up again elsewhere, etc?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by bradbower

There are plenty of good phones today. What would you like? Flip, color, camera, bluetooth, organizer features, changeable faceplates, games, web, keyboard, what network would you like to use it on, what network features would you like to use, what is more important to you (features, aesthetics, fun, price), how long would you like it to last, do you have any qualms buying an unlocked phone and sticking your SIM in it or do you want to sign up again elsewhere, etc

I've already posted this. Small, simple, flip, and able to connect to iSync. I am under contract under T-Mobile like I stated above also...therefor, my only option...is the V60.

I don't want a camera, would like bluetooth but it's not a must...I don't want any of the crazyiness that is modern cell phones. I just want to use it to make phone calls, nothing else.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    You can find good deals on eBay for the T39 Ericsson Bluetooth phone. I should be getting it soon. It's not as small as the V60, but still very slim.