xCode

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I wanted to download the preview release of xCode from Apple's website, which used to be on the Panther page. Anyway, the link to the download was still there last week, but has since disappeared. Does anyone know where it went or if there is any alternative method of retrieving it?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 2 of 12
    Quote:

I do thank you for your help, but the google find does not include, as far as I can see, the actual link which leads to the xCode Preview release, that is a download of the whole app itself. I think it's supposed to be around 40 to 45MB. I guess I'm stuck with the old December Developer Tools then.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    I seriously doubt they made it available anywhere but on ADC.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.

• Reply 5 of 12
    C'mon people. It's Xcode. Calling it xCode would be like called the iMac something silly like I-mac.

Moving to Software.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

C'mon people. It's Xcode. Calling it xCode would be like called the iMac something silly like I-mac.

What's the problem? It runs great on my xServe under pAnther dp2!
  • Reply 7 of 12
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    it runs pretty sweet on my tIBoOk, too.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    It workd fine on my iMac and iBook...oh, wait, that's how they're spelled!
  • Reply 9 of 12
    maxcom29maxcom29 Posts: 44member
    xCode was available on the Panther preview page. I even downloaded the file last Wednesday, but decided against installing it and deleted it. This week I changed my mind, but could not find the link since the whole Panther preview section has been slightly revamped.

The download was definitely not just the GCC compiler.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    I though I was on to something when I saw the following on the front page of http://developer.apple.com/ but alas it looks like Xcode is no longer available to us non-paying ADC members:

WM
  • Reply 11 of 12
    bRad has a ring to it

like jLo or aRod.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member