My body, my choice, unless it's a breast implant

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Fox definitely has a compelling interest in covering this story. If the breast-implant industry is compromised, who will participate in their reality and game shows? WHO!?

Add NBC to that group as well, and MTV (Viacom which is CBS.)

Nick
  • Reply 22 of 37
    On the flip side of Gia's question, Powerdoc at what size if someone requested a breast enlargement would you turn it down saying that a breast that large is a form of self mutilation?

Nick
  • Reply 23 of 37
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

On the flip side of Gia's question, Powerdoc at what size if someone requested a breast enlargement would you turn it down saying that a breast that large is a form of self mutilation?

Nick

I would not speak of self mutilation, but i will say, that i refuse to do things i find ugly. It's not because somebody ask me something, that i will do it, even for money.

One time i say no : the women have perfect breasts, b size, but perfect : i refused to enlarge them.

However it's just my personal attitude, perhaps an another surgeon would have said yes.

Most of the time however, there is a real good reason for asking such a procedure : looking like a ten years girls is not really confortable for most women.

In other way, i never suggest any surgical procedure to anyone. I will never said to someone, you should correct your proeminents ears, or whatever. If someone feel he has a problem and i can fix it : OK, but i am not here to create them. This is my prime guideline.
  • Reply 24 of 37
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Nip & Tuck...So much pressure on women ( and men ) to conform to some sort of ideal body shape..

It has become such a potential minefield for litigation....

That's why I think it best that individuals be referred to a psychologist before going under the surgeons knife..

Some..if not all, have a distorted body image issue that can be best dealt with from a psychological standpoint.

If all those hurdles are overcome, then plastic surgery is OK.
  • Reply 25 of 37
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    must be rough when you have a job where you have to turn a client down because she's shown you her breasts and they're perfect.....

edit: damn spelling....
  • Reply 26 of 37
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

must be rough when you have a job where you have to turn a client down because she's shown you her breasts and their perfect.....

But an easy score: "Hey honey. Your body is so perfect I refuse to change anything"
  • Reply 27 of 37
    sundaesundae Posts: 31member
    Here is the deal. The silicon could leak and caused the breast tissue to harden. Once this happened, the whole breast has to be removed.

They have been using saline solution for years. If the medical professionals want to do this for money, they better find a way to improve the procedure.

I don't think NOW is against breast implant if it is safe. But they are against it when it is not safe.

It is unfair how guys treated women with different breast sizes. Of course there are exception, but most guys don't pay that much attention to women who normal breast, and pay much more attention to women who larger breast. And maybe women (and men who care about them) could help to change that big breast mean getting the attention they want.

Given that women to do a number of things to get attention, and we all seen them do it. Wearing next to nothing, mini skirts, high slit dress and wearing semi transparent clothings. Maybe men could help NOW to encourage women to have non-surgical way to get men attention.

• Reply 28 of 37
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

As a plastic surgeon who practiced this type of surgery, i cannot understand such an attitude.

Gives a whole new definition to "Powerdoc: Bloody Moderator."

Creepy I can picture you holding a knife splashed with blood with a BIG grin - - on your face. But that might have something to do with the Stephen King stories I just read.
  • Reply 29 of 37
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Men who get excited from silicon breast implants have been jerking off TOO long. Next...
  • Reply 30 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

No boobies for you

NOW seems to be lobbying again against silicon breast implants ignoring another 10 years worth of studies that show them to be harmless.

Why is it that they support a woman's right to abort with few/no restrictions at almost any age? Yet they want the government to restrict what grown women do with their own bodies. Most of these women also do it for esteem and image issues so if anything you would think that the woman, her mental state, and her choice would override just about anything. However in this instance they go against what the women want, what the science says, and just pursue an agenda that seems in opposition to what they should support.

What gives?

Nick

Orginizations like that are now for most women, they have no interest in every day women. it is pretty much an anti-femine womans group, mostly run by Lesbians. if they think a man will get any enjoyment out of it, they just stop it.
  • Reply 31 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sundae

Here is the deal. The silicon could leak and caused the breast tissue to harden. Once this happened, the whole breast has to be removed.

This was just extreme issues, personally i never see this case. Third generation SIB are made with much more high cohesive silicon gel, that hardly migrate unlike the older oil like gel. The shelter of the implant is much more strong, and his made of a triple layer, with an intermediate layer, that is scheduled to reduce the migration of the gel.

Any implants are surrounded by a fibrosis created by the body (natural defense reaction). This fibrosis made a compartiment. even if the silicon leaks, it can hardly migrate outside this fibrosis shelter.

Every women with breast implants should have a physical examination each year.

Quote:

They have been using saline solution for years. If the medical professionals want to do this for money, they better find a way to improve the procedure.

The procedure have not been improved yet, there is other substance to fill the implant rather than saline or silicon. One of them is cellulosis. The advantage is a total lack of local inflammation in case of leaking. But this prosthesis have also disavantages.

When SIB are not allowed in France women went to eastern countries in order to have one. At the age of world globalisation too much restriction leads to the contrary.

I am against breast implants for women having a normal size of breasts : the risk of this procedure, even if low, is worthless. This last point is just my personal opinion.

The fashion in breast size vary from countrie to countries. For example US people tend to like larger breasts than europeans. That's not me who said this, but US plastic surgeons.

Quote:

That's why I think it best that individuals be referred to a psychologist before going under the surgeons knife..

Some..if not all, have a distorted body image issue that can be best dealt with from a psychological standpoint.

If all those hurdles are overcome, then plastic surgery is OK.

Most people do no need the advice of a psyhcologist : it's ten thousands times more easy to change something in the body, rather to accept it.

However some people should be dealt with the psychologist : dysmorphophobic people. Dysmorphophobic people hate their body. Even if you have a magical wand, you will not be able to make them happy. You should never make a surgery on this people.

HOWEVER this kind of people are in state of denial and would refuse to see the psychologist : when you see somebody is nuts, the best option is to avoid any surgery on him.

Some psychologist advices are however welcome, when you have a doubt. The people seems to have psychological problems, but the surge can help. The help of a psychologist is great here.

I don't consider that psychologie is a gadget, but that it's part of my job. I try to understand why the guy or the women in front of me wants to do the procedure. In many cases, you recocnize easily the classical psychologic pattern : no expert advice are needed here. for the few others , do not do the surgery, or ask the advice of an expert.

Sometimes, people are send to me by their psychiatrists. Esthetic surgery is in many case, a psychologic cure in itself : it raise the level of self-estim of people.

Quote:

must be rough when you have a job where you have to turn a client down because she's shown you her breasts and they're perfect.....

Sometimes people would love to pay for practicing my job

Quote:

Gives a whole new definition to "Powerdoc: Bloody Moderator."

Creepy I can picture you holding a knife splashed with blood with a BIG grin - - on your face.

The truth may be even scarier
  • Reply 32 of 37
    sundaesundae Posts: 31member
    OK. If they are safe. Then it is not really anyone business to stop women from getting implant.

I did want a documentary type shows on implant. And the risk involve.

Is implant really help women who are not satify with their breast size?

In what area does it help?

I could imagine women getting implant for professional reasons. Why not?

But I do understand that what kind of message some feminists want to send. That women 'don't' need implant to please men. Even when men do pay much more attention to women who have large breasts. But why make law to stop it when it is safe to do so? Why not work on educating both men and women that in term of breasts, bigger is not necessary better. (Unlike another part of male anatomy).

Let do a poll here. Who like large breast? And who think breast size really doesn't matter to the 'meat-o-meter'?

• Reply 33 of 37
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Let do a poll here. Who like large breast? And who think breast size really doesn't matter to the 'meat-o-meter'?

Please let us not go down this path.....\
  • Reply 34 of 37
    Quote:

OK. If they are safe. Then it is not really anyone business to stop women from getting implant.

I did want a documentary type shows on implant. And the risk involve.

Is implant really help women who are not satify with their breast size?

In what area does it help?

I could imagine women getting implant for professional reasons. Why not?

But I do understand that what kind of message some feminists want to send. That women 'don't' need implant to please men. Even when men do pay much more attention to women who have large breasts. But why make law to stop it when it is safe to do so? Why not work on educating both men and women that in term of breasts, bigger is not necessary better. (Unlike another part of male anatomy).

I like a large breast, especially with BBQ sauce and some potato salad.

Nick
  • Reply 35 of 37
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i had a friend who got implants. made her much happeir with her self image. she'd won beauty pagents but because she had a flat chest, she always felt crappy about how she looked. the implants changed that.
  • Reply 36 of 37
    Quote:

i had a friend who got implants. made her much happeir with her self image. she'd won beauty pagents but because she had a flat chest, she always felt crappy about how she looked. the implants changed that.

This is a typical example. Sometimes people are more thanksfull because i have done a esthetic surgery, than i saved their life.
  • Reply 37 of 37
    Quote:

Oh Al, how could you not see that the secret mind control waves the men have been sending out have caused her feelings of inadequacy regarding breast size. She never could have wanted them for herself. There must be a man SOMEWHERE that made her feel that way.

Don't you know men are the root of all evil, even when the woman wants the choice, makes the decision, and pays for it herself?

Nick