McD denies deing the work of satan

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co....tentPK=6459064

The question is: Are you convinced. I think McD are pretty weak in their defence.

SHIT: heading error. SOmeone with the powers please correct this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    McDonalds' food tastes like shite. I mean the little strawberry ice cream sundae thing is not bad at all. And I've heard the salads are OK. Obviously it isn't healthy for you at all. I don't agree with the way they target kids with marketing and toys to try to hook them on greasy crack. That's probably the one thing that they do that I object to from a social responsibility viewpoint. While other chains offer that shtuff, no one else plays it up like McDs. And there is nothing wrong with a little parody and all that and obesity is a major concern these days both here and in the UK and to a lesser extent in most other first world countries.

Having said all that though sometimes I htink McDonalds just catches way too much flack. I don't like it so I don't eat there except on the rare occasions when I'm traveling. I never eat there otherwise and this is coming from someone who is not averse to food fast food by any stretch; I admit I eat it even too much. And that's fine, I eat elsewhere and get along just fine. And McDonalds gets along just fine without me since other people do like to eat there.

They also get bitchslapped around for being a global symbol of US global capitalism. I don't really get that. If people want to keep their local companies, their local cuisine, and not support a big soulless US corporation then fine. Whatever. Then don't buy that shit. That's all. McDonald's only exists where people support it.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Wow you really take this serious!
  • Reply 3 of 13
    I find McDonalds pretty objectionable as well. I used to love the food when I was a kid, but now even the thought of eating a big mac and fries makes me queasy. I really feel like they target the poor and the young with their unhealthy, greasy, barely food.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Wow you really take this serious!

Not really. The article/church thing doesn't do much either way for me. Might be funny if the actual text was there. The rest of my reaction is just a general thought on the topic but certainly not an impassioned one.

Now if someone wants to slag on the SpicyChicken, then I might have to get a little rough.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I wish they would have linked to the newsletter as well. Sounds like funny stuff. McD's has surely been catching a bit a flack these days, what with the 'War On Fat?' and all, but to even respond to the newsletter shows how much heat they think they're under.

Fast food isn't my thing honestly. If I'm traveling and in a pinch, I 'might' stop for a Jamocha Shake at Arby's, but that's as close to fast food as I'll get. As zod mentioned, they're getting most of their revenue from families that can feed 5 kids for under 20 bucks. Nutritional values aside, who in their position wouldn't?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

McDonald's yesterday insisted it was not the work of Satan

hahahaha, for some reason that line kills me.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    So. The priest hasn't had little boy's assholes for a while and now the time is ripe for him to rant off about McDonalds. I give up...
  • Reply 8 of 13
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    You know? Why don't these assholes prove there is a God instead of rant off about a fast food chain? Really, prove us wrong. Prove that Jesus is coming back and crop circles are the sign of his next coming. Anything but this drivel...
  • Reply 9 of 13
    nixinixi Posts: 49member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artman @_@

So. The priest hasn't had little boy's assholes for a while and now the time is ripe for him to rant off about McDonalds. I give up...

Whoooooow, man!

Didn't know ALL priests were hooked on that particular part of little boys' anatomy to the point they'd be driven so completely hysterical by the lack thereof, nor for you to shamelessly generalize to that degree. You sound almost hysterical yourself.

Quote:

Originally posted by Artman @_@

Why don't these assholes prove there is a God instead of rant off about a fast food chain?

I thought the priests hadn't been around any of "these a****les" and that's why they were ranting.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Whoa, Artman, take a breath. It was just a joke, you know like saying that Bill Gates is the spawn of Satan....no wait that one is true. well anyway it was tongue in cheek. Ease up on priests.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Soylent Green meets the Exorcist
  • Reply 12 of 13
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Am I reading The Onion or what?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    I enjoyed the thread until artman went over the top.

Fellows