WTF!? iCal suddenly erased all my date up to last week

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Nothing out of the ordinary had happened. I added some new events to iCal and closed my PowerBook for the day. When I came back in the morning, all of my entries which were more than a week old had been erased.

I have no clues as to why this has happened...no KPs, no random crashes, no fire and brimstone. The only thing I do know is that I will not be using iCal again. Can anyone give me an idea what went wrong?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Keda

Nothing out of the ordinary had happened. I added some new events to iCal and closed my PowerBook for the day. When I came back in the morning, all of my entries which were more than a week old had been erased.

I have no clues as to why this has happened...no KPs, no random crashes, no fire and brimstone. The only thing I do know is that I will not be using iCal again. Can anyone give me an idea what went wrong?

Check you iCal settings - I think a week is the default behaviour.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    All I can say is sheee-it!

I muct have checked that accidently

Well, my faith is restored in iCal, but is there any way to recover this stuff?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    are you running low on hard disk space?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    No. My HD is fine. Unfortunately, this one get chalked up to user error. I remember exactly when I did this now.

I was talking to my girlfriend and clicking through the iCal prefs for some thing. I must have hit the boc be accident.