I LOVE BitTorrent!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    shankstashanksta Posts: 96member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chealion

For Warez, BT isn't that great as it holds no anonymity (sp?) like in programs like Kazzaa or other mainstream warez.

BT was designed to assist with large downloads, like say the new Panther build. Apple could have posted a torrent, and what happens is that people download the file from Apple and other people, easing the load on the server considerably. An awesome technology, hijacked by warez providers. (It works, but its nowhere near anonymous, meaning you can be tracked rather easily).

Nothing is really anonymous anyway.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chealion

BT was designed to assist with large downloads, like say the new Panther build. Apple could have posted a torrent, and what happens is that people download the file from Apple and other people, easing the load on the server considerably. An awesome technology, hijacked by warez providers. (It works, but its nowhere near anonymous, meaning you can be tracked rather easily).

That's really more my point in starting this thread. BT is a great technology. It leverages demand as a benefit rather than a drawback. Very nicely done, even at this early stage. I can't say enough about how cool it is.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Wow. How's that for an undocumented feature? I never knew that. What bad UI design. But it looks like it works for me too.

It's a "secret" feature.

Looking forward to Wondershaper for OS X...