New PowerBooks tomorrow.

Comments

• Reply 501 of 873
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

BTW, this has got to be one of the most viewed threads in AI history.

Second to only the French site G5 specs thread: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=24274 in the past year.
  • Reply 502 of 873
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jante99

Second to only the French site G5 specs thread: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=24274 in the past year.

That pathetic pretender? There have been several threads over 23 pages deep, and the grandaddy is the 41 or so page behemoth anticipating MWSF 2002, on the eve of the original G5 rumored announcement.
  • Reply 503 of 873
    matt31matt31 Posts: 14member
    When is tomorrow?

• Reply 504 of 873
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AirSluf

That pathetic pretender? There have been several threads over 23 pages deep, and the grandaddy is the 41 or so page behemoth anticipating MWSF 2002, on the eve of the original G5 rumored announcement.

I was referring to "viewed" count, not posts. Did that MWSF reach 41,000?
  • Reply 505 of 873
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

I was referring to "viewed" count, not posts. Did that MWSF reach 41,000?

I would guess it went way past, but view counts weren't available then as the forum ran on different software. it hav over 1700 posts, how many times do you think it was viewed during the runup to the Expo? I think more than the 29 listed. For posterity its last page can be found here Apple Hypes MWSF 2002
  • Reply 506 of 873
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Look at usatoday, isn't that a 12' ibook or powerbook the soldier is using??, the reason i placed this in future hardware, is because getting saddam will be coming and the amy has macs so that will help tremendously, apple is there at the front. but they could always use more power so here's hoping for a quick release of the new 15

http://www.usatoday.com/
  • Reply 507 of 873
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

Look at usatoday, isn't that a 12' ibook or powerbook the soldier is using??

http://www.usatoday.com/

No, the hinge gives it away. It's not a Mac.
  • Reply 508 of 873
    cowerdcowerd Posts: 579member
    Quote:

the reason i placed this in future hardware, is because getting saddam will be coming and the amy has macs so that will help tremendously, apple is there at the front. but they could always use more power so here's hoping for a quick release of the new 15

Yes, if only Apple could have gotten the G5 into a portable last month. We would have found Osama by now.
  • Reply 509 of 873
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cowerd

Yes, if only Apple could have gotten the G5 into a portable last month. We would have found Osama by now.

LOL Amazing what PB deprivation will do to a mind.
  • Reply 510 of 873
    jwdawsojwdawso Posts: 389member
    It's 5-7 days shipping (again...) for the PB 15" at the Apple Store. 3-5 days for the 12", same day for the 17". In the past, I would say it looks like new PBs "next" Tuesday... We'll see!
  • Reply 511 of 873
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwdawso

It's 5-7 days shipping (again...) for the PB 15" at the Apple Store. 3-5 days for the 12", same day for the 17". In the past, I would say it looks like new PBs "next" Tuesday... We'll see!

Not necessarily. It may be the beginning of the end. To be convinced new Powerbooks were coming on a following Tuesday, I would have to see *all* PowerBooks (12-, 15-, and 17-inch) PowerBooks at 5-7 days or 7-10 days.
  • Reply 512 of 873
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwdawso

How many times, exactly, have we done this over the past few months? "Shipping on X is only X-X days!!! New PowerBooks on the way!!!"

I'm taking the "believe it when I see it on Apple's front page" road. Anyone care to join me?

• Reply 513 of 873
    I'm with you. This and the G5 shipping date rumors are driving me crazy.

But I can't look away!!!

• Reply 514 of 873
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    Quote:

[i]I'm taking the "believe it when I see it on Apple's front page" road. Anyone care to join me?

[/B]

So do you believe those G5 shipping dates? Sometimes what Apple's front page has on t has the same credibility of a MOSR rumor.

MSKR
  • Reply 515 of 873
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    As I sit here typing on half a powerbook (the screen got killed so I took it off and made a desktop unit with battery backup) I am struck by how loyal we all are when it comes to apple. I know this is not news, but I can't believe the response on every rumor board about the new powerbook. I wonder if Dell has this kind of interest or a more fair comparision Toshiba? I find myself checking a coupla times a day just to see if anything new is happening. We know it will be upgraded, we know it will be soon, but what if our waiting is in vain? No backlit keyboard? No 200mhz bus? No mobility 9800? All of these things have been bandied about as fact. Let's hope this rev is not a dud. I wanna be portable again!
  • Reply 516 of 873
    why does this have so many replies?

it was posted on 06-30-2003

thats like a month ago

and tommorow passed a loooooong time ago
  • Reply 517 of 873
    stop replying! it just brings it back up to the top again...

oh wait...
  • Reply 518 of 873
    omekomek Posts: 43member
    This is the thread that never ends...

Yes it goes on and on my friend.

Some people started posting on it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting on it forever just because this is the....

Hehehe.... sorry I couldn't resist.

I actually brought up the idea in another forum about Apple maybe adding a second button and perhaps some kind of scroll thingy... And then they could release the new Bluetooth Pro Keyboard and Mouse at the same time. I think they'll do something similar to this. I'm thinkin' some kinda feature we never saw coming, like a glowing blue trackpad and buttons or something like that.... \
  • Reply 519 of 873
    Every time someone replies, I get an email (and an Angel gets his wings!). I keep thinking 'oh cool, they finally came out with a new PowerBook!. But no. There is no joy in PowerBookVille.

Oh lowly 'New PowerBooks tomorrow' message, do not cower in the shade! My precious short reprise from the madness, find the strength to carry on. Fear nothing but what you will do with your time when you are again at the top of the message heirarchy! Rise to the top, I say! Rise!

-Chilton
  • Reply 520 of 873
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Damn purty speechifyin', I must say.

Omek, I was in some office store a while back and they had some Compaq laptops and one model/line was rather sleek (aluminum, thin body and all) and had these COOL blue status lights (as opposed to the standard green Apple seems to use a lot). Not the light, milky blue of some of the G4s or whatever, but a sharp, crisp royal "indiglo" type of blue (actually, the same type of blue as the whole Aqua/OS X/gel button look).

I was thinking how much cooler Apple's gear would all look with that type of lighting on the power/status buttons and lights. Totally fits in too, with "aqua" and all and the overall "blueness" Apple seems to dig these days (the Apple menu icon, the Aqua interface elements, the default desktop in OS X, etc.).

Put me down for a "yes"! Blue, glow-y light (or lights, depending on model).