This is Amazing!!! From trash to oil

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just saw an interview with Brian Appel from Changing World Technologies and the concept is to take waste, by-products, "Trash" and convert to oils and fuels etc.

Check out that link above for extensive info over this subject. This technology is an amazing Killer Application in my judgement!!!

Your thoughts?

Fellows

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

I just saw an interview with Brian Appel from Changing World Technologies and the concept is to take waste, by-products, "Trash" and convert to oils and fuels etc.

Check out that link above for extensive info over this subject. This technology is an amazing Killer Application in my judgement!!!

Your thoughts?

Fellows

Fellows,

For some reason or other the link appears to be down..at the moment at least.

On a similar note, our city has finally decided to recycle methane from landfill ( garbage dump sites ): the gas is cleaned and fed into turbines to generate electricity....

A good move..in the right direction

Cheers Aqua
  • Reply 2 of 5
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    We had a super long thread about this technology a while back. Seems "too good to be true" but I guess they are building a scale production model.

When GE starts testing them you'll know it could happen.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    I think the last thread's arguments went something like:

Wow, what a great idea ... but is it realistic ... HOW much money to develop ... why not invest that in sustainable low-emission energy sources ... something about GWB ... well you're a liberal muttbunch ... no, you're a something something ...

Sorry to hear about your iBook BTW Fellows. Booo!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

I think the last thread's arguments went something like:

Wow, what a great idea ... but is it realistic ... HOW much money to develop ... why not invest that in sustainable low-emission energy sources ... something about GWB ... well you're a liberal muttbunch ... no, you're a something something ...

Sorry to hear about your iBook BTW Fellows. Booo!

Harald, can you link up to the post your referring to ?

7 hours later..still can't get your link to work Fellows.

Even typed link in by hand...nothing doing.. as of yet...\

Ps What's this about your new powerbook ?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Good. Hopefully we don't need to do this then, because I'd rather these companies get put out of business and our economy in a shambles then have to see this plan followed through.