I love these. Chick publications.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm sure some of you encounter people handing out these little cartoons of salvation, redemption, damnation and eternal suffering. These things have it all. They are so much fun to read. Here's my favorite one. Here's the entire list.

The people who hand these out are so happy when I go through their stack to find one I don't have.

Enjoy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Ut oh! I'm going to hell for sure. Who's with me?

• Reply 2 of 23
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

everyone
  • Reply 3 of 23
    Come on giant I know people have tried to push these on you. Next time someone does, read it. Good stuff. You find them on the CTA too.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    why encourage them?
  • Reply 5 of 23
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    tripe like that is why i hate religion, and christianity in particular. mmm... tripe [insert sound of me reacting to a thought of a groin-grabbingly transplendent food].
  • Reply 6 of 23
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Dude, I'll totally see you in hell! Let's have a keg party when we get there. Friends, family, AI posters...

Think of all the hedonistic women who've gone to hell(!)
  • Reply 7 of 23
    hegorhegor Posts: 160member
    LOL

I love tracts. I really like how the plane didn't break up when it crashed into the ocean! I guess they all must have suffocated when the air ran out since its an airtight compartment. Plenty of time to get saved!
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

tripe like that is why i hate religion, and christianity in particular. mmm... tripe [insert sound of me reacting to a thought of a groin-grabbingly transplendent food].

• Reply 9 of 23
    Quote:

So now I'm confused. According to the airplane story (first link in your post) the murderer goes to heaven because he found jesus latter in life, even though he killed another person. Yet here we're being told that no matter how jesusy I am, if I ever looked at a woman I'm going to hell.

Maybe I just shouldn't ty to make sense of it.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

Dude, I'll totally see you in hell! Let's have a keg party when we get there. Friends, family, AI posters...

I'll bring chips! Lotsof chips and dip!
  • Reply 11 of 23
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

So now I'm confused. According to the airplane story (first link in your post) the murderer goes to heaven because he found jesus latter in life, even though he killed another person. Yet here we're being told that no matter how jesusy I am, if I ever looked at a woman I'm going to hell.

That would consistent with our culture. Murder and violence are accepted and shown in the news all the time. But if you can see the nipple of a famous person through her dress at a film galla hell is loose.

Like I heard one caller ask at a Liebermann presentation program at c-span: "I have heard his merits...but all want to know is, how many times have he been married? Two times? So this candidate wants to be president and he had a divorse?

"Sax and violins shall be thy abominable. But of the two sax shall be the thy worse"
  • Reply 12 of 23
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    God, I love the "student proves evolution is full of holes" one. It's a classic. Its got everything. Monkeys, bananas, ape-like Jew-esqe teacher, uncontrolled LSD induced hallucinations, soft spoken smartass kid, sex, violence, the whole nine yards.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DiscoCow

God, I love the "student proves evolution is full of holes" one. It's a classic. Its got everything. Monkeys, bananas, ape-like Jew-esqe teacher, uncontrolled LSD induced hallucinations, soft spoken smartass kid, sex, violence, the whole nine yards.

I love them...their so fruitcake tutty frutty...

Get a whole bunch...save them for your great great grand children..

They'll be able to sell them as collectibles..lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$...lotsa bibliophiles go ape over sux stuff...

Do you have any idea how much an original Guttenburg bible costs these days?

And ta thunk some folks werz chucking in the fire at the time..dumb...move...dumb & dumber
  • Reply 14 of 23
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    ummmm....

did the site go down??
  • Reply 15 of 23
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    ummmm....no?
  • Reply 16 of 23
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Giant,

Understand I'm not preaching at you, but you did ask a question so I will answer. In the Bible it teaches that people are saved and go to heaven for only one reason. The grace of God as shown by his son Jesus dying on the cross for the sins of humankind. The Bible teaches that if you accept him as your savior, then you are going to heaven. This is true no matter what you have previously done. Even if you killed and ate an entire family while repeatedly sexually abusing their dead bodies you would gone once accepting Jesus.

The second couple tried to get to heaven via "good works." The Bible states this in impossible because even one sin will keep you out of heaven. However some people believe that they will go just because they have tried to live really good, moral decent lives. According to the Bible, if you have not asked Jesus to be your savior, you've got no ticket in, no matter how well you have lived.

Hope you are less confused about the tract. You can resume your mocking of it if you so desire now.

Nick
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

You can resume your mocking of it if you so desire now.

That's OK. I think you already did a good job here:

Quote:

Even if you killed and ate an entire family while repeatedly sexually abusing their dead bodies you would gone once accepting Jesus.

• Reply 18 of 23
    Quote:

Here's[/url] my favorite one. Here's the entire list.

I checked out this thread thinking you were talking about Vogue or Cosmo. I was going to say that I also love these pubs, because they are often better than penthouse letters in the advice they give women on sex, but this is even better.

A friend at work once gave me the one on evolution with the ridiculous charactiture of the dogmatic, maniacial professor. I thought that one was hilarious, but the one you selected was unbelievably funny. If I'd found it anywhere else I would think it was a fake, intended to mock the super-fundie viewpoint. I mean, Cmon, it makes Jesus out to be an unmerciful bastard who demands obedience over compassion. Scary stuff.

I saw another one where it advocated discriminating against non-Christians in employment. I haven't looked through all of them yet, because I'm busy doing my satanic work of using evolutionary theory to cure disease, but I'm sure it's probably in there.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    And now, time for some Anti-Chick.

Sure it's a biased and unfair presentation of the Fundamentalist Christian viewpoint, but the sickeningly true thing is that when you get right down to it, it's nevertheless an accurate depiction of how the theology works.

More Anti-tracts.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

And now, time for some Anti-Chick.

Sure it's a biased and unfair presentation of the Fundamentalist Christian viewpoint, but the sickeningly true thing is that when you get right down to it, it's nevertheless an accurate depiction of how the theology works.

Actually, that's a completely fair re-telling of the first one scott linked to.