iPOD updates???

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
are there any rumors of new ipods on the way.

i want one but wondering if i should wait for the next version.

why is there no radio??????

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gnanda

are there any rumors of new ipods on the way.

i want one but wondering if i should wait for the next version.

why is there no radio??????

With up to 40GB of MP3/AAC would you "really" listen to the Radio?? Don't count on it.
  • Reply 2 of 38
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    radio is analog.

get radiolover and subscribe to live365. i have found it to be a great combo.
  • Reply 3 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

With up to 40GB of MP3/AAC would you "really" listen to the Radio?? Don't count on it.

Sometimes you just like to listen to the news when they happen... -And radio stations sometimes run competitions... (So you can win another iPod!)

A micophone/recorder is my biggest wish..
  • Reply 4 of 38
    the wizthe wiz Posts: 28member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

A micophone/recorder is my biggest wish.. [/B]

Already built in to the new iPods....It can be accessed by going into diagnostic mode and talking into an earphone

http://www.ipoding.com/modules.php?o...ticle&sid=1137

Hopefully Apple will implement this exiting feature in their next iPod software update
  • Reply 5 of 38
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    My guess is no new iPods until next year. Apple is just starting to promote the recently released 3rd gen via new outlets. They can barely keep up with demand at the moment as the company that makes them for Apple is running 24/7.
  • Reply 6 of 38
    I just got an iPod because they had a $200 rebate offer. Otherwise, I was going to wait until they had officially included the recording feature (and made it so it would record more than 6 seconds). I trust that it will be unveiled with a firmware upgrade at some point.

Other than that I was really hoping for Bluetooth in the next version. I was reluctant to get an iPod because I have a personal rule about not carrying more than one gizmo around and I'm quite confident that eventually there will be a pda that does everything (including phone). That said, if the iPod had Bluetooth, then at least I could put it in my pocket and access it via my future PDA/phone.

I don't know if it's feasible, but putting in that XM satelite radio would be cool. I would also like to see some basic PDA type functions. I'd like to be able to check off my to do list, and have it only show my uncompleted "to dos" at the very least.
  • Reply 7 of 38
    My uneducated guess is that Apple will release iTunes for Windows and an updated iPod at the same time... in one huge marketing push. The timing seems right. I wish Apple would press Sonicblue, Creative, et al, to adopt AAC though, or at least add a 5GB iPod for 199.. well, by then, it could be 10/20/30/40 for 199/299/399/499. But that's neither here nor there
  • Reply 8 of 38
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    FM radio for old iPod

Just wondering, but has anyione tried to stick a real microphone in the headphone port to see if the recording function works better? I don't like the screaming-into-earphones-to-get-it-to-record idea very much.
  • Reply 9 of 38
    jingojingo Posts: 117member
    I want Bluetooth in an iPod together with a car hifi that supports it. Just imagine if you could use your iPod and your cellphone with your car radio, just by getting into the car...
  • Reply 10 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jingo

I want Bluetooth in an iPod together with a car hifi that supports it. Just imagine if you could use your iPod and your cellphone with your car radio, just by getting into the car...

Oh yeah, one other thing...

Bluetooth would make it possible to have wireless headphones. I'm not fond of all these wires hanging around my neck.
  • Reply 11 of 38
    Yup - forgot that!!
  • Reply 12 of 38
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nordstrodamus

Oh yeah, one other thing...

Bluetooth would make it possible to have wireless headphones. I'm not fond of all these wires hanging around my neck.

I'm not fond of having heavy batteries in my headphones, batteries that I would probably have to recharge/change every 4 hours.

Special Alert to gnanda! You spelled iPod right, but got the capitialisation incorrect. It's iPod, not iPOD. I don't mind much, but that mistake makes many people on these forums go into a conniption fit. Welcome.
  • Reply 13 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Special Alert to gnanda! You spelled iPod right, but got the capitialisation incorrect. It's iPod, not iPOD. I don't mind much, but that mistake makes many people on these forums go into a conniption fit. Welcome.

Special Alert to Placebo! You capitalised iPod right, but got capitalisation incorrect. It's capitalisation, not capitialisation. I don't mind much, but if you're going to be so snippy over other people's typing, you should at least get things right yourself!!
  • Reply 14 of 38
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Oh, good lord! Here we go again! 8)

*Grabs bucket of popcorn and the best spot in the couch*
  • Reply 15 of 38
    gnandagnanda Posts: 14member
    Nordstrodamus...where did you find a 200rebate for an iPod?

Snatach...i agree with you...the next upgrad will be during the iTunes for Windows.

any guess when that will be....

my guess soon...in the next two months.
  • Reply 16 of 38
    gnandagnanda Posts: 14member
    i wish they would make an iPod with the NPR station
  • Reply 17 of 38
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    You re-capitalized iPod right, but got capitalization incorrect. It's capitalization, not capitalisation. I don't mind much, but if you're going to...

Etc.....

(Yes, very much kidding)
  • Reply 18 of 38
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gnanda

i wish they would make an iPod with the NPR station

You can. Get Griffin Technologies new radio recorder TIVO like device.

Radio Shark:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/pro...ark/index.html

Set it to record all the NPR programs. Then copy the MP4s over to your iPod. It isn't live but most NPR coverage isn't breaking news anyways.

Oh and there really isn't a NPR station. Local non-profit stations syndicate NPR for a hefty fee. They pay per program with All Things Considered and Morning Edition costing the most.
  • Reply 19 of 38
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    wow...

thanks for the radio shark link..

i need that much more than a tivo! wow!

i guess i just need a bigger ipod now, the 5 gig seems really small now!
  • Reply 20 of 38
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    bigger storage

$50 to $100 cheaper

Black!