Serial ATA drives - Where to buy?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
OK, so I did a brief perusal of MacWarehouse and a couple other online shops, including the big drive maker's online stores. Doesn't seem to be much of a selection of SATA drives out there. Anybody know of a place with a good selection where you can compare more than a drive or two? I like to know all the options before I buy, but I just can't find a good source for a variety of SATA drives.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Why not just compare the specs and prices across different sites? I bought my Seagate S-ATA HDD from CDW because they were the cheapest over-all in April, but I'll bet there are plenty of better deals elsewhere now. My HDD was a bare drive, with no mounting hardware and no power connector/adapter. If you buy a bare HDD, you'll also need the 9 pin power connector and cables...

My local Best Buy has the Seagate ones in stock too...

Maxtors have been available for a while too, and Western Digital's consumer oriented S-ATA HDDs should be out by now.

try http://www.newegg.com/ and browse the HDD section by interface.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    I'll second that. Try newegg.com. They have been great for me in the past and seem to have all the latest goodies at decent prices.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Yep, another recommendation on Newegg, great place with a pretty good selection.

As far as specs and performance, there's articles at Extremetech and Anandtech concerning this.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mookmook Posts: 16member
    http://www.span.com

is good in the UK
  • Reply 5 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Purchasing advice... moving to General Discussion.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    In my opinion www.pricegrabber.com or www.pricewatch.com are pretty nice you could also choose to buy RAM from them. Just remeber to get the Non-ECC RAM for the G5 in case you are buying one, you can check the techincal specs at Apple's website.