I got my Quark 6 upgrades CDs today

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ordered 'em a month ago, got 'em today. Just an FYI...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    so how is quark 6? is it still the worst bit of software ever?? or is it now only seriously rubbish??
  • Reply 2 of 8
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Quark 4 == Quark 5 == Quark 6

IMO a piece of garbage still, but I haven't tried doing real work with Quark 6 yet...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i'm using a pre-release of quark and, well at least its stable

having really noticed any new features yet but only used it once and wasn't looking around alot, just had to get something done and was running OS X so i downloaded the pre-release until i get a copy from work to use
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I wonder if they'll ever try to create a GUI that doesn't pick ones eyes out. Sheesh, that GUI is so OS 7! Ugly.

Unfortunately not the biggest complaint about QXP.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    After over a year-and-a-half of being Quark-free, I seriously think I'd jump out a window if I had to use that program again.

I've used InDesign, trouble- and glitch-free, for the past couple of years, on projects large and small. It's to page layout what OS X is to operating systems: the way it SHOULD be and SHOULD work.

• Reply 6 of 8
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    ugh...i guess i should really learn indesign, i assumed people were just biased becuaes quark was late coming out and macromedia was leading the development

perhaps its REALLY better and not just peole being bias
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I'm absolutely not biased against Quark (at least, not against QXP). I'm uninterested in how they run their business, my dissatisfaction with Quark comes from using QXP daily. From the experience (although limited) I've had with ID2, I can definetely say I like it better, and now that ID3 is coming soon (or?) the same time Quark is having their initial x.0-problems...
  • Reply 8 of 8
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

Ordered 'em a month ago, got 'em today. Just an FYI...

Same with me, the order took 30 days as advertised.