Problem with Print Center

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello

Well this one is new to me and considering the computer could print earlier today i am kinda confused.

I have an 800mhz 12 ibook and a canon S750 USB printer, using the canon OS X drivers. But when i go to print with the usb cable in either usb slot, the print center tells me the printer is stopped. Ok no prob right? i click on the printer and get the details of the printer to come up, i then tell it to start and it can not open a connection to the printer. So i go back to the main print center window and click configure, i then try to print a test page, no problem. but i can not print from any program.

so tried to print in another user account and the same problem. So i removed the printer and now when i turn on the print center to add my canon back in i get a dialog box that asks if i would like to add a printer to the list, if i click ok or cancel the print center crashes and i get a notice telling me the crash has not affected the rest of the system?

Any ideas on what i can do to fix this?

Thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Delete Print Center preferences.

Delete Canon software and re-install.

Repair your Permissions.

Reinstall your OS X.

Quote:

Originally posted by greeneggsaregood

Any ideas on what i can do to fix this?

Thank you. [/B]

• Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

Delete Print Center preferences.

Delete Canon software and re-install.

Repair your Permissions.

Reinstall your OS X.

Thanks FormerLurker,

steps one and two worked. i was going to say step four must be a total last resort.