large icons in job's keynotes

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
hey, we've all seen one of job's keynotes and for the apps, like Safari, the iapps and such he always has these nice high res icons, is there any way to get ahold of these or would this be something that only the big dog steve gets to use.

thanks

miller

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    You can open safari.app/contents/resources/compass.icns in preview, and then copy and paste the highest res version into keynote.

If you stretch it a lot in keynote it does look blocky up close, but most peeps are gonna see your presentations on a projector from quite a few feet away.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by millhouse

hey, we've all seen one of job's keynotes and for the apps, like Safari, the iapps and such he always has these nice high res icons, is there any way to get ahold of these or would this be something that only the big dog steve gets to use.

my guess is for the truly huge high-res stuff, steve has access to the original illustrator/photoshop source images...
  • Reply 3 of 25
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    What rok said.

I imagine he can get whatever he wants, in terms of that type of stuff. Someone at Apple is creating it, and for print ads and stuff, I imagine they're creating it in high-resolution (either initially or going back to recreate it).

In addition to Jonathan's sketchbook, I'd also love to have a peak into the hard drive of some of the graphic designers at Apple!

• Reply 4 of 25
    yea, having access to that stuff would be truly awsome, of course it also makes me wonder, does steve have someone that puts together his presentation based on order and what he wants, or does he do it himself, i mean at MWSF 2003 he said his presentation was either almost 300 or almost 500 slides, thats ALOT to do.
  • Reply 5 of 25
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Your best bet for getting hi-res images for Apple hardware and software is here.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Quote:

Originally posted by millhouse

yea, having access to that stuff would be truly awsome, of course it also makes me wonder, does steve have someone that puts together his presentation based on order and what he wants, or does he do it himself, i mean at MWSF 2003 he said his presentation was either almost 300 or almost 500 slides, thats ALOT to do.

Yea. I'm sure he spends all night on his Powerbook.
  • Reply 7 of 25
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    I have some of them, iChat AV, Preview, The Panther logo (Not the CD from Apple PR), Expose, New Finder, Xcode, File Vault, FontBook, Pixlet, Mail, the user switching menu, and a screen shot of the cube stye user switch. Does anyone want them? They are in TIFF format, I will post them on my site i just have to know if anyone is intrested...
  • Reply 8 of 25
    I'd definately be interested. If you could post them onto your site that would be great. Greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne
  • Reply 10 of 25
    apeirosapeiros Posts: 16member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

http://192.168.1.101/~chris/pictures

Posting your C-Class IP (192.168.x.y are only for internal networks, so from outside/internet nobody has access using this IP) won't help anybody ;-)
  • Reply 11 of 25
    Oh ok, then hold on then go here, www.macusersonline.com/pictures

wait i am having some problems uploading to my server... check back later
  • Reply 12 of 25
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    There is an app that enables different icon sizes in the same folder. Mine is an APE plugin. It says "icon size": "tiny small normal large HUGE." My friend claims icons can be bigger than 128x128, is this possible?
  • Reply 13 of 25
    There is somethign you can type in terminal that will make them bigger but they will be all fuzzy becasue the icons dont support larger sizes. The ones I have that i will have up soon are about 400 by 400 pixels
  • Reply 14 of 25
    Ok I cant get them on my server so i just put it on my iDisk, go here, http://homepage.mac.com/chriswronski/FileSharing2.html then click pictures and download the icons
  • Reply 15 of 25
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Sweet. Can you make them 900x900? My friend said 900 something was the "HUGE" size. That would be funny to have jumbo drives on my Desktop. maybe a Jaguar or panther eating Bill Gates' face, that would be a cool icon.
  • Reply 16 of 25
    hmm... thats weird the quality isnt as good now... the icons looked better in Keynote.

These are the biggest I have
  • Reply 17 of 25
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    OS X icons are only 'crisp' and nice looking up to 128 x 128, but if you edit your com.apple.dock.plist you can change the size of your magnification. I Changed mine so that when I turn on magnification the icons roll over to 512, I don't use magnification anyway but it's hilarious to do every now and then. They look bad and blocky but it's a great trick for the easily amused.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    Ok, I added much more icons/pictures, but get them quick becasue my .Mac trial ends in thenext 2 days http://homepage.mac.com/chriswronski/FileSharing2.html
  • Reply 19 of 25
    nice images on that site, nice and high res, im on a pc right now , just curious how you got those icons up so high res? did you download these somewhere or have some scaling thing you did to em?
  • Reply 20 of 25
    I got these from the original Keynote presentation, the one that was shown at Macworld at the Apple booth