Apple Store-Chicago

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am going to a Cubs game on Aug. 13th, then the Apple store following. I am just curious if they have the G5's there; or any Apple store for that matter. (I am not sure which I am excited about more, the game, or the store.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 34
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubs23

I am going to a Cubs game on Aug. 13th, then the Apple store following. I am just curious if they have the G5's there; or any Apple store for that matter. (I am not sure which I am excited about more, the game, or the store.)

no G5s yet, probably not till september.

be more excited about the game. Apple Stores are cool for about the first 10 minutes and then you realize they 1. they are all the same 2. they really don't have a wide range of stuff
  • Reply 2 of 34
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    It really annoys me that people come from out of town to watch a cubs game. No they don't have G5s. If you see the cute apple store girl with the black framed glasses tell her Scott says "Hi".
  • Reply 3 of 34
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

It really annoys me that people come from out of town to watch a cubs game.

YES, LET US DESTROY ALL JOE-FORSAKEN TOURISM AND THE REVENUE THAT COMES HAND IN HAND! HOW DARE PEOPLE TAKE AN INTEREST IN WATCHING A BALLGAME AT A HISTORIC BALLPARK! THEY SHOULD BE DRAWN AND QUARTERED I TELLS YA! DRAWN AND QUARTERED!!!
  • Reply 4 of 34
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    Quote:

It really annoys me that people come from out of town to watch a cubs game. No they don't have G5s. If you see the cute apple store girl with the black framed glasses tell her Scott says "Hi".

Why does it annoy you that out of towners come to watch the game? I will tell her hi.
  • Reply 5 of 34
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Hey let's give the man some credit, at least he's not going to a Sox game. Possibly the worst neighborhood (and definitely some of the worst fans) in baseball. Not to mention, the stadium SUX. You can name it whatever you want Jerry, it blows.
  • Reply 6 of 34
    Quote:

Why does it annoy you that out of towners come to watch the game? I will tell her hi.

It annoys me that people come to see the cubs. They suck and wont get better until people stay away. The owners don't have to lift a finger (or sign a check) to get people in to that ballpark. So you get to sit there and watch bad baseball in an old park. Yea\ You and the rest of the frat boys should be very happy. Plus the cubs/wrigley are so ****ing white bread it annoys me.
  • Reply 7 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Hey let's give the man some credit, at least he's not going to a Sox game. Possibly the worst neighborhood ...

Yea that near where I LIVE! The projects are shut down and it's not that bad anyway.
  • Reply 8 of 34
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

So why hasn't this post been moved to " General discussions " forum...?\
  • Reply 9 of 34
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I'll be there around the end of the month. Pretty excited, as the only other Apple Store I've been to is in Shaumberg, and I wasn't that impressed.

/OT/

So, I've got tickets to the Cirque, and every time I'm in Chicago I've either stayed at the Hyatt on Wacker or the Marriott on Michigan. I'm sick of both. I want a place a bit cozier. A friend that's in Chicago quite a bit likes the Talbott (up on Rush), so I might try that this time... Suggestions anyone?
  • Reply 10 of 34
    There used to be a motel 6 right off of Mag' Mile. Now it's Comfort Inn I think
  • Reply 11 of 34
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Heh. Thanks, but no thanks.
  • Reply 12 of 34
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

There used to be a motel 6 right off of Mag' Mile. Now it's Comfort Inn I think

And some people question Scott's sense of humour..
  • Reply 13 of 34
    We have a "W" now.
  • Reply 14 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

I'll be there around the end of the month. Pretty excited, as the only other Apple Store I've been to is in Shaumberg, and I wasn't that impressed.

/OT/

So, I've got tickets to the Cirque, and every time I'm in Chicago I've either stayed at the Hyatt on Wacker or the Marriott on Michigan. I'm sick of both. I want a place a bit cozier. A friend that's in Chicago quite a bit likes the Talbott (up on Rush), so I might try that this time... Suggestions anyone?

the new park hyatt on chicago (by the water tower on michigan, actually it's right across the street from compusa) is quite lovely, nice restaurant with a view of michigan avenue.

my favorite is on wabash and wacker hotel monaco it's small but way funky, all the rock and hip/hop tours try to stay there. they give you a goldfish in your room, great sound systems in the rooms too.
  • Reply 15 of 34
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    The Allerton is right across the street from the Apple store.
  • Reply 16 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

The Allerton is right across the street from the Apple store.

Tip Top Tap
  • Reply 17 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Hey let's give the man some credit, at least he's not going to a Sox game. Possibly the worst neighborhood (and definitely some of the worst fans) in baseball. Not to mention, the stadium SUX. You can name it whatever you want Jerry, it blows.

If you mean red sox. I work right down the street from there(doing IT with pc's, yeech). I wouldnt really call it a neihgborhood, mostly businesses(bars, restaraunts, medical facilities). it sucks on baseball day though, all the damn scalpers.. I also hate the guys who sit there all day and beg for change(now you may say "why do you hate the homeless, you rich?"), NO. I hate the fact that I go by a dozen of them or more each day in a 5 minute walk, and all they do when you walk by is shake their change cups at you, adn they are almost always wearing nicer clothes than the people they "ask" for change(they ususally dont ask, they just shake their cup) and it is annoying.

I prefer it out in the country(where I live and play).
  • Reply 18 of 34
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

If you mean red sox. I work right down the street from there(doing IT with pc's, yeech). I wouldnt really call it a neihgborhood, mostly businesses(bars, restaraunts, medical facilities). it sucks on baseball day though, all the damn scalpers.. I also hate the guys who sit there all day and beg for change(now you may say "why do you hate the homeless, you rich?"), NO. I hate the fact that I go by a dozen of them or more each day in a 5 minute walk, and all they do when you walk by is shake their change cups at you, adn they are almost always wearing nicer clothes than the people they "ask" for change(they ususally dont ask, they just shake their cup) and it is annoying.

I prefer it out in the country(where I live and play).

considering they are talking about chicago I would assume that he was referring to the Chicago WHITE Sox.
  • Reply 19 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

considering they are talking about chicago I would assume that he was referring to the Chicago WHITE Sox.

they don't count, they aren't even a real team.

• Reply 20 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

they don't count, they aren't even a real team.

Oh and the Cubs are?