splicing mp3's

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
This question has come up in the past, but I have yet to find an answer that has helped me.

I'd like to combine several mp3's or AAC's into one audio file for an iphoto slide show. I have downloaded various audio apps, but they all confuse the hell out of me. Is there an audio app out there that is ridiculously simple, or could someone kindly take the time give me a step by step tutorial on any one audio app that might get this done?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    try Quicktime pro.

you can copy/paste your audio together and them export to aiff or mpeg-4 or whatever and then put the mix into itunes.

you probably could use imovie to stitch your songs together also...I know I could. good luck

• Reply 2 of 4
    rbfoyerbfoye Posts: 77member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MilesWho

This question has come up in the past, but I have yet to find an answer that has helped me.

I'd like to combine several mp3's or AAC's into one audio file for an iphoto slide show. I have downloaded various audio apps, but they all confuse the hell out of me. Is there an audio app out there that is ridiculously simple, or could someone kindly take the time give me a step by step tutorial on any one audio app that might get this done?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers...

Quicktime Pro works, but the other solution is Amadeus II. I also was looking around and this program is really simple. It uses timelines and easy cuta nd paste features. It also has more coplex stuff, but in a matter of minutes you can splice and dice and save as MP3 or other and then drop in I-tunes.

It is a $20 US download from the net - just type in google.

The other thing you could do is create quicktime movie of photos with any song, and then import into I-movie and add and edit various songs in there.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rbfoye

Quicktime Pro works, but the other solution is Amadeus II.

I like using Amadeus, but there's one thing you should be aware of: When you bring a compressed audio file into Amadeus, Amadeus decompresses the audio data so that you can edit it. If you save your edited results as MP3 again (or AAC for that matter), you'll be subjecting the sound to a second generation of compression. This introduces extra noise and extra distortion.

I'm not sure how Quicktime Pro handles audio edits, but I would expect that the same problems exist.

I've found a Windows program that works directly on MP3 data without decoding and reencoding: MP3Trim. I don't know if a Mac equivalent exists or not. I also don't know how well MP3Trim handles VBR MP3 files, which have tricky interframe dependencies that would greatly complicate editing operations that work directly on MP3 frames.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    You can also use Final Cut or iMovie in a pinch...

Never underestimate the power of iMovie! The majority of times I've started something in Final Cut I end up switching to iMovie since its like 100x easier to get simple stuff done.