bihbih
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Where did you take thouse?
  • Reply 2 of 31
    When I get mine I`m going to leave that side panal off all the time. That is sexy. I wanna see some pictures of the inside of the G5 single processor boxes.

By the way where are these photo`s taken?
  • Reply 3 of 31
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    That's just a prototype.
  • Reply 4 of 31
    How do you know that?
  • Reply 5 of 31
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mount_my_floppy

How do you know that?

http://www.macaddict.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28075
  • Reply 6 of 31
    Yep I guess that will do it.
  • Reply 7 of 31
    bihbih Posts: 44member
    Oh yea, sorry I should have explained. They were taken by some other guy over on MacAddict forums. See the link above.
  • Reply 8 of 31
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    in the back of the G5, where there is the Bluetooth "port". What is that? Can you add an extender or antenna or something? I've never seen a Bluetooth port before. Also, is it the same thing for Airport?

• Reply 9 of 31
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I know to get the Airport to work properly you need to add a antannea, I would assume the same for blue tooth due to the Aluminum casing.

Man that thing looks really sexy with no dust or anything yet!

Can anyone give me more info about those digital audio ports...why do they not look like the ones I'm used to?
  • Reply 10 of 31
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Can anyone give me more info about those digital audio ports...why do they not look like the ones I'm used to?

The optical ports on the G5 are the same as the kind you'd see on the back of most DVD players and receivers, but the G5's have a little different cover "plug" to them. That's all.
  • Reply 11 of 31
    Yes the airport port and the bluetooth port are for antanneas.

Click the link above for a good view. I perfer not to post the image as it is big enough to screw with the forum formating.
  • Reply 12 of 31
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    ROFLMAO... I saw those antennas and thought of an outboard engine... with the starter and the choke
  • Reply 13 of 31
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

ROFLMAO... I saw those antennas and thought of an outboard engine... with the starter and the choke

Holy shît...you're right!

BTW, it looks like the power button will glow/pulse after all!

The power symbol is cut out...oh, that is gonna be cool.
  • Reply 14 of 31
    What I really wanna see is the inside of one of the singles. Is there just a giant space missing where one of the processors are gone? The towers are the same size so it must be. You think they centered the giant heatsink that says G5 or does it just look like they took one of the Giant G5 labled heatsinks. It would seem that would throw off the perfect air flow they have though...
  • Reply 15 of 31
    my god.....It's gorgeous...

It gets better and better everytime i see it.

edit: changed picture, this one has that fuzzy dreamy look to it

• Reply 16 of 31
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    it looks a bit different in that picture than previous pictures. I can't quite figure out why though. Does it look a bit more silver to anyone?
  • Reply 17 of 31
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    White balance on digital cameras can be quite flakey. I don't think a change of the prototype or shipping product is evidenced in those pictures.

But you're right, it looks really nice in that last picture. I predict the G5 will set design trends worldwide just like the old bondi AIO.
  • Reply 18 of 31
    ya its got that holy grail came down from heaven aura going on

but yea its just the way it's positioned relative to the camera and flash, reflection, white balance etc...
  • Reply 19 of 31
    vortexvortex Posts: 18member
    What makes me the happiest, though, is the fact that this discussion of the G5 is taking place in the Current Hardware section! FINALLY!

• Reply 20 of 31
    anim8ranim8r Posts: 13member
    I have posted a small gallery at my .mac site.

Nothing shocking just more pics.

The power button does not glow (sorry).

The security device is built into the latch for the side (Ive rocks)

The power cord is on the BOTTOM! DUH you PC designers.

Oh... it weighs 60 pounds! YIKES!

http://homepage.mac.com/anim8me2/PhotoAlbum66.html