General Wesley Clark for President

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
There's a swelling grassroots campaign to draft General Wesley Clark to run for President in 2004 on the Democratic ticket. Clark is a 4-Star general, the former Nato Supreme Allied Commander...see his biography here.

More here: http://www.draftclark.com/

On the issues he is a moderate. The democrats right now don't have an outstanding candidate...but there's a growing number of folk all over who feel that Gen. Clark is the best hope for America in 2004. With Dean or perhaps Kerry as a running mate...this pair would kick Bush and Cheney into touch. I would vote for this team in a heartbeat.

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Clark should run as the mate of someone else I think. Get his feet wet in the political arena first.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Wasn't he the kid on Star Trek: The Next Generation?

Seriously, bunge is right. He should find his way into the cabinet or some part of the executive branch first, then run with much better chances later.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Wow. A respectable democratic candidate from Ar-kansas, and a general no less.

Whoda thunk it?

The information on his policy stances is scant at best, but based on what I'm seeing I'd at least consider voting for him initially. I have heard him speak a number of times on CNN and he seems a very level-headed individual. I guess I'd have to hear him debate the "taking care of business at home" issues before I'd decide.

I'm reasonably sure this man would have an excellent grasp on foreign policy matters, having worked and lived in Europe for an extended period. Militarily he does not come off as being "blindly hawkish", if such a term exists. At least not based on what I've heard him say.