Anyone else see Steve yesterday?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone else see Steve Jobs on CNBC yestersday? They were talking about Pixar and Apple... mostly Pixar about how Finding Nemo beat the Lion King and the future of Pixar. It was a live video chat with him and some reporter for about 15 minutes. It was cool, he was in Cupertino somehwere.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    You can go to the Pixar site and hear a replay of the analyst meeting Steve had yesterday. It's available in Quicktime.

www.pixar.com
  • Reply 2 of 7
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    cool... thanks
  • Reply 3 of 7
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    You know what, those Pixar animated films just do it right. If you're a kid, you dig 'em. As an adult, I laugh right along with the pop-culture references and sometimes-adult (not in a XXX way) humor or dialogue.

Compare that to the absolute, mired-in-formula output of Disney over the past 10-15 years.

Honestly, at this point, you can pretty much write your typical Disney animated feature. It's so predictable and by-the-numbers (young, cute animal on a journey of self-discovery, 1-2 wisecracking, goofy co-stars/sidekicks, a girl who looks the same as all the other girls in previous movies, except for hair color, someone dies and, chances are, a British musician of varying degree of hasbeenitis is contracted to come up with the score.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you:

A Whale Tale

MauMau, a cute baby killer whale is thrust on a journey of self discovery after his father (or mother) is killed by evil whale hunters. Accompanying him on this journey is a wisecracking penguin, Tuxxy, and a schizophrenic seal, Harpo, with kleptomania issues. Scenes follow with polar bears, angry townspeople, a little boy who "understands" MauMau's yearnings and a final showdown - beneath breathtaking northern lights - with an evil North American whaling company's ship. Does MauMau and his friends survive? What do you think?

Rod Stewart sings the title track, a poignant ballad entitled "Whale Song" and partners with Phil Collins, Sting AND Elton John on the rousing "I'd Rather Be a Whale" as the closing credits roll.

Green light it, baby! It SINGS!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

You can go to the Pixar site and hear a replay of the analyst meeting Steve had yesterday. It's available in Quicktime.

www.pixar.com

Can you post a direct link? Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I can't find it.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    It's under company info, here.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

Anyone else see Steve Jobs on CNBC yestersday? They were talking about Pixar and Apple... mostly Pixar about how Finding Nemo beat the Lion King and the future of Pixar. It was a live video chat with him and some reporter for about 15 minutes. It was cool, he was in Cupertino somehwere.

I recorded it.

If I have time I'll try to reencode it into MPEG 4 or something
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ragexragex Posts: 126member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

You know what, those Pixar animated films just do it right. If you're a kid, you dig 'em. As an adult, I laugh right along with the pop-culture references and sometimes-adult (not in a XXX way) humor or dialogue.

Compare that to the absolute, mired-in-formula output of Disney over the past 10-15 years.

Honestly, at this point, you can pretty much write your typical Disney animated feature. It's so predictable and by-the-numbers (young, cute animal on a journey of self-discovery, 1-2 wisecracking, goofy co-stars/sidekicks, a girl who looks the same as all the other girls in previous movies, except for hair color, someone dies and, chances are, a British musician of varying degree of hasbeenitis is contracted to come up with the score.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you:

A Whale Tale

MauMau, a cute baby killer whale is thrust on a journey of self discovery after his father (or mother) is killed by evil whale hunters. Accompanying him on this journey is a wisecracking penguin, Tuxxy, and a schizophrenic seal, Harpo, with kleptomania issues. Scenes follow with polar bears, angry townspeople, a little boy who "understands" MauMau's yearnings and a final showdown - beneath breathtaking northern lights - with an evil North American whaling company's ship. Does MauMau and his friends survive? What do you think?

Rod Stewart sings the title track, a poignant ballad entitled "Whale Song" and partners with Phil Collins, Sting AND Elton John on the rousing "I'd Rather Be a Whale" as the closing credits roll.

Green light it, baby! It SINGS!

Holy crap that is the funniest thing I have read all week