Find me a phone! (Come join in)

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    T610.
  • Reply 22 of 40
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    Personally for me the phone doesnt matter as long as it runs Sailing Clicker.

My T68i ( with the world smallest keypad (thanx PHONYericsson) is my DVD remote control for my powerbook!!!

and my house is all X10... want a digital hub lifestyle try turning on the house light before even getting home....
  • Reply 23 of 40
    idebaseridebaser Posts: 121member
    I'm looking for a new bluetooth phone in the DC area...rep at the AT&T store recommended Siemens mobiles...anyone have any experience w/ the S56 or SL56???
  • Reply 24 of 40
    arty50arty50 Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDebaser

I'm looking for a new bluetooth phone in the DC area...rep at the AT&T store recommended Siemens mobiles...anyone have any experience w/ the S56 or SL56???

No bluetooth on the SL56. From all the reports I've read, the S56 rules though. A good resource for cell phone info is www.howardchui.com and so are the forums over there.
  • Reply 25 of 40
    No color but the T39 is a good deal on Ebay. I just got one and Bluetooth works well with iSync.
  • Reply 26 of 40
    bjerbjer Posts: 67member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorya

We seem to have loads of people on here who know a lot about phones. I thought this could be a thread for us less knowledgeable folk to list what we want in a phone and have people suggest phones for us to consider.

I want:

Bluetooth
    iSync (over bluetooth)
    Organiser features
    Colour
    GSM 1800mhz
    A decent keypad - large keys and in standard layout. (So not the Nokia 3650)
    I'll consider PalmOS phones, if they have bluetooth and don't need a hands free kit to speak into.

Any suggestions?

If you're looking for a phone, post your own list.

Amorya

Like most others, I would strongly recommend the T610. Have been using it for a month now and am most happy with it. Used the P800 for a month before that. Half the weight of the P800 and solidly built all around. BUT!!! memory is limited (only 2 mb) and no expandibility. Much slower version of GPRS than P800 hence not really useful for web surfing, barely usable for email.
  • Reply 27 of 40
    nijiniji Posts: 288member
    wait for the z1010.

if you dont wait for it, you will still end up buying it when it does come out.
  • Reply 28 of 40
    Can someone who has handled both compare the sizes of the T68 and the T610?

I like a phone that fits easily into my pocket and can be easily hidden... but want BT and a world phone.

Thanks.
  • Reply 29 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by tismfu

Can someone who has handled both compare the sizes of the T68 and the T610?

I like a phone that fits easily into my pocket and can be easily hidden... but want BT and a world phone.

Thanks.

Had all three, t68i, p800 and t610, still say for your purposes t610 is the best. real smooth lines, though squarish. lots more functions than the t68i, including a camera. found the synching with isynch smoother too.
  • Reply 30 of 40
    taztaz Posts: 74member
    Am in the process of trying out a T610 on T-Mobile. Used to have a handful of ATT GSM phones (T68i, Nokia 89**, and Siemens SL46). I am in the process of trying to replace SprintPCS and a Samsung A500. As far as the comparison between the T68 goes, there isnt much. The interface is MUCh faster on the T610 than on the T68. Reception is also FAR better with the T610 than with the T68, although I think that that is moreof a function of the provoder than the phone in my case. All 3 ATT phones would not get reception for squat. Size wise the phones are about the same. I have the T610 in my pocket right now and am using the GPRS connection to post. So far I have not had any problems with the T610. Got a bit squirrely in Houston this weekend where I didnt get signal in restaurant and one day had signal at my folks and the next day it didnt. I hear great things about the S55, but havent had a change to even look at one yet. The 610 works great with iSinc, although I did have a 1 hour time difference between my iCal times and the phone times. Think it was related to different time zone settings and have sorted it out for now.
  • Reply 31 of 40
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    If anyone can help me, I am looking for a Bluetooth phone without ANY extras. Just to connect to the net with my pBG4 12". Preferably small and under $100, ideally under $50. We already have US Cellular (nothing else is available here I don't believe, maybe 1 other company)

Why is Bluetooth expensive? Belkin announced a new BT mouse today available Oct, 4 buttons and a wheel with BT for $80. Eek!
  • Reply 32 of 40
    taztaz Posts: 74member
    Not sure if you can have a BT phone for that little as of yet. Its still the new nifty thing to get kind of thing.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    tchwojkotchwojko Posts: 139member
    According to this it's free after rebates: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...eless&n=507846

There are similar offers with other phones, I haven't looked in any detail.
  • Reply 34 of 40
    Hard to get bluetooth phone for such prices as they usually are only included in high end phones. only possibility is the old models of sony ericsson like the 68. you are right about ridiculous prices on this as a blue tooth chip is only about 5 bucks now in industrial quantities.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    Yes it's a ripoff. BT was supposed to be cheap. That Amazon offer makes you sign up and I already have service.
  • Reply 36 of 40
    tchwojkotchwojko Posts: 139member
    Yeah, what a ripoff, it's not like that $5 Bluetooth chip has any other related costs, like software used by and used for BT, testing, support, interoperability, royalties, power requirements...
  • Reply 37 of 40

BT phones are $800
  • Reply 38 of 40
    Bluetooth phones without activation at Amazon for much less than US$800:

Nokia 3650 - US$300

Ericsson T68i - US$150

Ericsson T616 - US$220

The only one near US$800 is the P800.

[edit]My only point was that the cost for bluetooth in a phone is not just the price of the hardware. I'll concede that Bluetooth phones are more expensive than those without.
  • Reply 39 of 40
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Is there any reason no one is recommending the 3650? Come on guys, it's recommended by Mobile Asses dot com.

• Reply 40 of 40
    $150 for a telephone is still $100 too much. Certain things these days like TVs and phones keep getting more expensive. I don't see why consumers keep buying. I'd like one but just not that much. I can wait I suppose until next year.