Going to San Diego!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm goin' to San Diego! Whoo Hoo!

What's the best way to get to my hotel from the airport? It's by the convention center.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I just realized I don't know what hotel I'm staying at.
  • Reply 3 of 25
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I went to San Diego eleven years ago. My father went in a international aluminium convention. We where at the Marriot Hotel, wich was near the convention building.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    San Diego is the best city ever.
  • Reply 5 of 25
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    There's a really awesome hotel right on the beach, with a marina next door in San Diego. It's across the street from the commuter train, and two blocks away from a huge mall. It was a while ago that I stayed there, so I don't remember many details.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

It's the only US city i know, where i would like to live in.
  • Reply 7 of 25
    Gaslamp! That's the place.

Tonton don't be so sour grapes about Arnold. Why is it so horrible that he may be the next governor? He's a very successful emigrant that's done a huge amount of for people less fortunate than himself.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Gaslamp! That's the place.

Tonton don't be so sour grapes about Arnold. Why is it so horrible that he may be the next governor? He's a very successful emigrant that's done a huge amount of for people less fortunate than himself.

The one good thing about him is that he is independantly wealthy and will hopefully fund his entire campaign himself and thus be able to make his own decisions if elected instead of having to pander to the special interest groups that fund most campaigns.
  • Reply 9 of 25
    Yea I'm not hip on that. It seems that these days money can buy and election. So if you have your own why bother to listen to much of anyone? I also reject the idea of "special" interest groups. It seems as though other people's special interest groups are ones to be stopped while my special interest groups are the only valid ones.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    Hey I'm here! Free net access in the room! Woo Hoo!
  • Reply 11 of 25
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    San Diego is the best city. Be sure to check out Coronado and the beaches especially Mission. The Zoo is also nice as are the museums.
  • Reply 12 of 25
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

San Diego is the best city. Be sure to check out Coronado and the beaches especially Mission. The Zoo is also nice as are the museums.

yeah the zoo is nice
  • Reply 13 of 25
    Well I'm not here for vacation so I may not be able to make it out to those places. I walked around the gas lamp area tonight. Found the Subway Mostly I'll be in the convention center, "work".

I checked into my Hotel. I'm 'pose to be rooming witH a coworker but ... he's not here. I think they checked me into the wrong room. I'll sort it out when I see him.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    check these out

wildlife animal park

seaworld

4th & B if you like blues

Dicks last resort
  • Reply 15 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I'm goin' to San Diego! Whoo Hoo!

What's the best way to get to my hotel from the airport? It's by the convention center.

walk
  • Reply 16 of 25
    The zoo kicks ass. You definitely have to go there.
  • Reply 17 of 25
    Yea the airport is close but too far with the bag. I don't have such a great back.

The wait staff here in SD is not that great.

One waitress forgot about the laws of physics and wound up dropping two 20 oz bottles of beer at our feet at dinner. One of our group is a little forward with jokes and I think she got a bad vibe off of him. This was after she had a "mean" table earlier in the night. I'm not a big sushi fan but tried some here. Others told me was "okay" sushi and sashimi. I still don't get what's so great about it?

Then this morning I put a slash in the tip spot on the check I signed to the room. I like to leave the tip in cash. So then waiter comes back with his whole "was everything okay" and tell him it was and he says in rude way "Well thank you". Asshole. I was still at the table finishing my coffee. It's not like I was walking out the door stiffing him. So I left some cash on the table and I'm sure he thinks he guilted me into leaving it when that was my intent all along.

Oh well NICE WEATHER! Good lookin' city. Too bad the ball park is not done yet.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    I usually write CASH in the tip field if I leave a cash tip while paying on my CC. The waiter should know EVERYONE leaves a tip. It's not like the depression or anything.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Apart from the fact that you may be from San Diego, why do you say it's the best city?

Someone else has commented that San Diego probably had the best weather year round of any other city. Not too hot or humid but just nice and warm. No winters to speak of either.

But other than weather, is there something in particular that makes San Diego better?
  • Reply 20 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

Apart from the fact that you may be from San Diego, why do you say it's the best city?

Someone else has commented that San Diego probably had the best weather year round of any other city. Not too hot or humid but just nice and warm. No winters to speak of either.

But other than weather, is there something in particular that makes San Diego better?

As a SD outsider, I notice it is much cleaner than any other city I have been to. The beaches are beautiful. It's not as busy as LA or NY, great night life, there is plenty to see and do, blah blah blah. i'm sure a SD native can think of more but I'm speaking as a visitor that spent 2 weeks there last year.