A Boston report with pictures!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I dedicate this thread to all AI friends in the New England area!

I had a quick trip to Boston and it is truly an "American" city. The history of Boston is so very rich as it relates to American History. It was so interesting to take a tour of the city and see the history come to life as you learn of what took place and where.

The new is also very interesting in Boston such as the Big Dig

I bought this book over the big dig.

In the following pictures I am in front of the Old State House

The Declaration of Independence was read off that balcony July 18, 1776 as you can see an old oil painting of the building from This Link

I had a great time and had some of the BEST Italian food EVER from this place in the "north end"

All in all a great trip and I must return! I need to spend a week to see more of the area. I saw MIT in Cambridge but failed to make it to Harvard. I saw the USS Constitution in Charlestown and that was really special! I will be back to the Boston area as I had a wonderful time!

Please feel free to visit my two Boston Photo sets:

Boston Pictures

and

Boston Pictures 2

And BTW for those in the Boston area the granite curbing is really cool and it seems you can find Dunkin Donuts on just about any corner in your city I have never seen so many locations of one franchise as I saw of Dunkin Donuts in Boston.

That is my report for now

God Bless,

Fellowship

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Looks like a beautiful city. It just doesn't look warm enough.

Nice pics!

Nick
  • Reply 2 of 12
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Looks like a beautiful city. It just doesn't look warm enough.

Nice pics!

Nick

Warm enough!! Ohh man that was the best part... it was 25 deg f cooler than Dallas and it felt nice. A person needs a break from 104-106 temps in Dallas. I loved the cooler temp in Boston.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    You think the Dunkin Donut density in New England is bad? Manhattan has a Starbucks on every corner now. Un freaking believable.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    What no seafood?

Glad you had a good time...
  • Reply 5 of 12
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    what about the APPLESTORES?! the CambridgeSide one is not far from that skyline picture... (the last stop on the green line)

oh and checkout "La Dolce Vita" (the sweet life) in the extreme north end (within walking distance from the Fleet center) also a very good italian restaurant... gimme a sec and I'll give you the address

when I go back to school I'll checkout Limoncello (great liquor-did they give you any?) and report back if I agree that it is as good as you say

did you go to quincy market?

check out boston college as well-beautiful campus

im sure if you go to the admissions office in Devlin they will give you a tour if you like...
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

You think the Dunkin Donut density in New England is bad? Manhattan has a Starbucks on every corner now. Un freaking believable.

its bad...

whats worse is that it is impossible to find a DD when you want one...

7-11s are hard to come by as well

plenty of duane reades and rite aids tho...
  • Reply 7 of 12
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I saw Boston about this time of the year about three or four years ago. A friend's Dad flew in an hour after me, so I waited for him and he drove me around town for an hour then we grabbed some lunch and drove on out to the Cape. "Dad" explained that it bugged him hour dour the Bostonians were, and I -did- notice how "grey" a lot of people were there...not sure why. Maybe it was my big-old-friendly Southern smile and outgoing nature that was too much for them....anyway, I met a lot of cool people out on the Cape~
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Maybe it was my big-old-friendly Southern smile and outgoing nature that was too much for them....

nah... its just the redsox... they really suck this time of year
  • Reply 9 of 12
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Yeah, boston is nice I was there a couple weeks ago.

What is the deal with dunkin donuts though!

you can't throw a rock without hitting one, it's ridiculous.

where I live there are maybe 2 dunkin donuts within 40 miles, I don't get it, did they originate in boston or something?

I never even though dunkin' donuts were very good, they were just....there.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Now Starbucks in DFW is not even funny. I know of at least 22 different ones I have been to.... yes 22

Fellows
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

did you go to quincy market?

Ohh yeah it was very nice

Fellows
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

when I go back to school I'll checkout Limoncello (great liquor-did they give you any?) and report back if I agree that it is as good as you say

I did not have any Limoncello. Do you drink it mixed in a drink or alone?

Fellows