Carly Fiorina is on crack

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://news.com.com/1601-2-5062872.html

Check it out. Apparently in 2001 taking a photo with your digital camera and printing it out took 57 steps! Hmm, let's see...

1) take photo

2) transfer to computer (not even necessary in some cases)

3) print

4) lie 54 times

And sharing photos via e-mail requires 6 different apps!

1) iPhoto

2) Mail

3) um...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Damn, and I thought this was going to be about something important...

Barto
  • Reply 2 of 18
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    She's still hot
  • Reply 3 of 18
    dnisbetdnisbet Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

And sharing photos via e-mail requires 6 different apps!

1) iPhoto

2) Mail

3) um...

remember this is a pc so u need an app for the computer to recognise the camera an app to transfer picture another to save them, another to convert the picture format (that program might be able to save the picture for you as well!). Then all you need to do is fire up an email program and attach it! Cue more app's for this.....
  • Reply 4 of 18
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

She's still hot

Aaaaanyway... 57 steps is frothy, marketing hyperbole.

When introducing iPhoto, Steve conveyed, and what the entire OS X/iApp philosophy is all about, was "It just works."

Drivers for cameras and printers was something that happened invisibly in the background. Windows tends not to do that.

That whole 100+ product rollout seems to be a "Throw it at the wall and see what sticks" tactic.

Gateway plasma TVs.

HP cameras, printers, scanners.

What next? Dell DVD players????

Screed
  • Reply 5 of 18
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I think the rest of the PC manufacturers already make consumer electronics. Toshiba, Sony, etc.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    True but those two specifically started as consumer electronics manufacturers and then added PCs to their wares.

Compaq, Dell and Gateway (and yes, Apple) started with computers first.

HP started with... was it copiers or printers first??

Screed

Let's start a PC seller Dead Pool.

1) Gateway

2) HPaq

Sony, Apple, and Dell will be last on the hill.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Could all of the products behind her look anymore boring and bland?
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

She's still hot

Jeeeesus
  • Reply 9 of 18
    I thought the DVD Movie Writer thing was kind of a cool idea. Captures analog video and transfers it to digital format, then writes it to a DVD, for (I think) $399. A combination analog-DV bridge and burner. Right now you could do it on a Mac, if you had a bridge and a SuperDrive, but I think you'd have to import the footage into iMovie, then assemble it in iDVD, then burn it. (Someone correct me if there's an easier way.) It would be nice if Apple had an app that just converted a chunk of analog video, and with one click burned it as-is to a DVD. I've got tons of old TV shows that I'd like to transfer to DVD and get rid of the tapes, but I don't want to deal with all the editing I'd have to do. (Not to mention the fact that, at the moment, I have no SuperDrive to burn it with.)
  • Reply 10 of 18
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Check it out. Apparently in 2001 taking a photo with your digital camera and printing it out took 57 steps!

Maybe it took her 57 steps.

I assume the exodus of senior HP engineers (who refer to her as "the bitch," never by name) will continue unabated as she finds new and fascinating ways to miss the point.

HP was cool when it was run by engineers. \
  • Reply 11 of 18
    cool gut, why don?t you be honest with the google searching. I, too, saw that horrid photo of her.

But there were a ton more that were MUCH more flattering..

I?m quite sure if we look hard enough with google or whatever, we could probably find ugly pics of every well-known babe and supermodel.

• Reply 12 of 18
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    hehehe, when I clicked on GD and saw this thread title the first thing that registered was "california is on crack" and I thought it was going to be another thread about the recall
  • Reply 13 of 18
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Maybe it took her 57 steps.

The only way it might take 57 steps if if the computer is in one room and the photo printer is in another!
  • Reply 14 of 18
    pscates finds the beauty in every woman
  • Reply 15 of 18
    "If you can see it, you can scan it. Any size any shape." Somebody bring me the Statue of Liberty!

"Imagine fewer devices" ...then take a look at the 150+ useless hunks of plastic we're throwing at you today!

Ugh.

Without the power of the RDF, you really shouldn't try shit like that.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

The only way it might take 57 steps if if the computer is in one room and the photo printer is in another!

• Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

pscates finds the beauty in every woman

Yes I do. Just because I tend to skew a bit older doesn't mean I'm wrong!

To quote Mr. Dangerfield: "hey baby, you must have been something before electricity!"

• Reply 18 of 18
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,561member
    Quote:

Check it out. Apparently in 2001 taking a photo with your digital camera and printing it out took 57 steps! Hmm, let's see...

1) take photo

2) transfer to computer (not even necessary in some cases)

3) print

4) lie 54 times

You forgot multiple restarts and visits to the registry to repair the carnage plus a few calls to tech support.