Harry Shearer...Macworld???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Those of you with the new Macworld (the issue with the G5 and the silver ink on the cover...the latest issue), turn to page 67.

There is a full page ad for Macworld Expo, just listing some basic info (sponsors, a tagline, who to contact for booth/exhibiting info, etc.). There's this big face appearing in the ad, kinda in the background and Photoshop-tinted (part of the whole "look" of the design of the ad).

I think it's Harry Shearer.

But there's no mention of him anywhere in the ad (very little text anyway) and, as far as I know, there's no real rhyme or reason for this.

Is he, for example, giving some sort of keynote or presentation that I simply missed the news about?

If that's not Mr. Shearer, then you tell me he doesn't have a twin floating around, posing for ads or stock photo companies!

Check it out...you'll see!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    My issue should have arrived a few days ago. Maybe I'll just read it online.

edit: Damnit, my subscription was cancelled. I sent in the renewal form in May.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Don't get the mag, but is it Harry Shearer...normal....or ala Spinal Tap ?

• Reply 3 of 6
    i think that's just some random guy. What struck MY eye, was the naked chick on the back cover. You can totally see the thingies on her thingies through the black bar.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yeah, I was going to comment on the cutie-pie topless vixen on the back cover, but that just seems so expected at this point...

I remember all the grief I caught over the El Gato toilet chick...

\
  • Reply 5 of 6
    do you think she has an iSight clipped onto that laptop?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    It DOES look like Harry Shearer, with his contemporary, graying, curly hair look. Very curious.