What're you on!?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014

What OS are you using on your main machine?

EDIT: Oh, yeah. I'm on 10.1.5, put off buying Jaguar, still waiting for Panther. Finding it increasingly irritating when I do not meet system requirements for any software.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    moosemoose Posts: 25member
    I'm not sure why you consider System 7.x and participating in AppleInsider forums to be incompatible activities.

8.0 didn't come out until 1997, remember.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Jaguar (10.2.6) here for me. Anxiously looking forward to Panther later this year and will probably be one of those goobers standing out in front of the Apple store waiting to buy it the day its released.

• Reply 3 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moose

I'm not sure why you consider System 7.x and participating in AppleInsider forums to be incompatible activities.

It might've been for some other reason, but surfing the internet proved quite impossible on a system 7 machine I once used. Animated GIF's would send it into shock.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Jaguar (10.2.6) here for me. Anxiously looking forward to Panther later this year and will probably be one of those goobers standing out in front of the Apple store waiting to buy it the day its released.

I will be camping outside for the night prior.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I was going to say I was on crack but didn't see the option.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Sorry, this has probably been asked a few billion times. But what's the ETA on Panther again? September?
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wayne Lau

Sorry, this has probably been asked a few billion times. But what's the ETA on Panther again? September?

That's what I got from the update on AI's main page, yeah. \
  • Reply 8 of 16
    That's good. Let's just say I don't think they can polish this up before late september, let alone finish implementing everything.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    dfryerdfryer Posts: 140member
    Bah, I used 7.x right up until I got me a real computer & Jaguar last August, and it read AppleInsider just fine (Mac Quadra 605 hooked up to DSL.. it would download faster than it would render...)
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfryer

Bah, I used 7.x right up until I got me a real computer & Jaguar last August, and it read AppleInsider just fine (Mac Quadra 605 hooked up to DSL.. it would download faster than it would render...)

Maybe you took care of your computer, I don't know. How about system 6?
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Panther Developer's Preview: I am a fool.

Hmm. I didn't know there were so many.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Do I need to say anything?
  • Reply 13 of 16
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

Hmm. I didn't know there were so many.

I suppose you could be running Panther and not be a fool. Real developers rather than pirates I suppose.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    About 600mg Ibu, 500cc of joe, zero nic, and a bit of the
  • Reply 15 of 16
    lots of drugs ^_^
  • Reply 16 of 16
    I would be a fool, if I hadn't gotten laid off and lost my developer password. Crap.

Personally I use 10.2, but I have failed to convince my wife to switch her Cube over to 10 yet. She's still happy balancing the checkbook and writing on OS 9.