Aug 18th Powerbook Update... Will it Happen?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Cast your vote for the "suspected" Powerbook updates this comming Monday. Will it happen?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 73
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    while I have no evidence for why(except for MOSR), I still say definitely because I'm tired of waiting
  • Reply 2 of 73
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Definitely need another PB thread.
  • Reply 3 of 73
    it better happen, i want a new one for school
  • Reply 4 of 73
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

Definitely need another PB thread.

Agreed.

Quote:

Originally posted by ThunderPoit

it better happen, i want a new one for school

Agreed.

The question is though, what time would they update it...9 EST?
  • Reply 5 of 73
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    Tuesday the 19th NOT Monday. High probablility. Take some attention off the G5 and still enough time left for School starters.
  • Reply 6 of 73
    It won't happen.

Apple is discontinuing the entire Powerbook line.

Okay...the first part is true the second is false...
  • Reply 7 of 73
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by va1entino

It won't happen.

Apple is discontinuing the entire Powerbook line.

Okay...the first part is true the second is false...

I only understand one percent of such conflicted statements half the time.

The following rumors of PowerBook updates are true. And by true, I mean false. They're all lies. But they're entertaining lies! And in the end, isn't that what really matters? The answer is no.

I'm Leonard Nemoy. Live from New York - it's Saturday Ni.... Hey, where'd the lights go?
  • Reply 8 of 73
    Quote:

Originally posted by Multimedia

Take some attention off the G5

Yeah, cause it's good to not have all eyes on the "world's fastest personal computer" at all times
  • Reply 9 of 73
    Ban this blatant spammer now!
  • Reply 10 of 73
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

Yeah, cause it's good to not have all eyes on the "world's fastest personal computer" at all times

No, it's just that most of us, at least I, have memorized the G5's specs down to the loacations of all 9 fans. I need something new.

Like displays, maybe?
  • Reply 11 of 73
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

No, it's just that most of us, at least I, have memorized the G5's specs down to the loacations of all 9 fans. I need something new.

Like displays, maybe?

Would you mind listing the 9 fan locations? I can only count 7 or 8 from all the photos I've ever seen. Thanks.
  • Reply 12 of 73
    12": 3-5 days

15": 5-7 days

17": same day

Good things come to those who wait...
  • Reply 13 of 73
    Actually, Apple has discounted the 15 and 17 PB line at the Fed Employee store. If you click select, you will see a $150 promotional discount on the 17 and $100 on the 15.
  • Reply 14 of 73
    rc51rc51 Posts: 3member

Wouldn't see it till '04
  • Reply 15 of 73
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Multimedia

Would you mind listing the 9 fan locations? I can only count 7 or 8 from all the photos I've ever seen. Thanks.

Well the one that most people miss is the power supply fan, which isn't visible in the PR "door-off" photo. That should bring you up to 9.
  • Reply 16 of 73
    *l++*l++ Posts: 129member
    Actually, an update on Monday has zero probability. The question is whether there will be an update on Tuesday or not.
  • Reply 17 of 73
    Well, maybe the question should have been worded "Tuesday" instead of "Monday." Regardless, the main point still made it. So just vote!
  • Reply 18 of 73
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Well the one that most people miss is the power supply fan, which isn't visible in the PR "door-off" photo. That should bring you up to 9.

some of you people need to seriously get a life
  • Reply 19 of 73
    beakeebeakee Posts: 64member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dr_Holistic

Well, maybe the question should have been worded "Tuesday" instead of "Monday." Regardless, the main point still made it. So just vote!

I am almost completely, totally, sick of waiting for Apple to release the new 15 PB...Have you guys seen this new laptop??

http://www.voodoopc.com/systems/advanced.aspx?t=1&p=220 A seriuos contender for the PB 15. This thing is a bit pricey, but it has a ton of awesome features at olny 5.5 lbs.
  • Reply 20 of 73
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I'm going to officially go on record and say "no". I really don't they'll come this week (August 18-22).

Hope I'm wrong.