New Cinema Display... When will we see one?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So, as we approach the alleged Powerbook update. When would most of you speculate the new Cinema Displays will be announced?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    How many pointless threads are you going to start?
  • Reply 2 of 30
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Oh boy, oh boy, another poll, how exciting.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    I'm thinkin' either at the Apple Expo or MWSF.
  • Reply 4 of 30
    didnt we just have a new 20" and a new price 23" just a few months ago? I dont see any need for a new Apple display.
  • Reply 5 of 30
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    When did the 20" come out?

Was it in January of this year or last year?

Anyways, this is what I have ordered for my new G5 dualie.

Personally, I think it looks a bit beter than the 23".

Edit:

Did a Google search and the 20" came out on Jan. 28th of this year along with a price drop on the 23".

Ah, the power of Google.
  • Reply 6 of 30
    Did you do a search for the 30" Cinema display?

They are coming out with a new one soon.

Therefore they might update the entire product line or just add the high end one.

Either way it will probably affect the price of other models (lowering it).
  • Reply 7 of 30
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    And you know this, how?

• Reply 8 of 30
    I think these three suggest a new revamping of the product line sometime in the near future. Probably at the Apple Expo.

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/...06033043.shtml

Kodawarisan claims that Apple's Displays will get a revamp with an aluminum/mesh look -- as well as preparation for a 30" model.

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/...25035436.shtml

MacWhispers claims the 17-inch Studio Display has been End of Life'd as of May 2003, and hints at a new 16:10 screen in the works.

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/...14111341.shtml

MacWhispers claims that Apple is working on a 30-inch Cinema Display with a resolution of 2400x1500.

This echoes an anonymous report that appeared on MacRumors' Rumor Reject list in late 2002, as well as a recent unconfirmed report.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    One more posted today...

http://www.envestco2.com/macwhispers...?id=P154_0_4_0

A possible exception to this status quo remains the quietly mentioned 30-inch Cinema behemoth, based on a breakthrough panel fab system at Chi Mei Optoelectronics. This week, we were again assured by Chi Mei staff that this is a fully engineered product, simply awaiting a ?go? instruction from Apple to hit production. It was speculated that the delay is only Apple?s waiting for further process refinements to get Chi Mei?s productions costs down a bit more.
  • Reply 10 of 30
    Let me see, you cite Kodawarisan and MacWhispers BS from months and months ago, an anonymous report from 2002, and the ever popular "recent unconfirmed report".

Dr_Holistic, you have a Kormac-esque annoyance factor, but without the entertainment value. Please go away.
  • Reply 11 of 30
    Someone ought to start a poll on why this guy/gal? posts this dribble.

• Reply 12 of 30
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    I'm not sure... I'm hoping they release a G5 update on Feburary 2004 or so, and new displays with it. Most likely we'll see something like 17, 20, 23 and 30" displays, but my optimum choice would be:

16": 1152x864

20": 1400x1024

23": 1600x1105

26": ?
  • Reply 13 of 30
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryaxnb

I'm not sure... I'm hoping they release a G5 update on Feburary 2004 or so, and new displays with it. Most likely we'll see something like 17, 20, 23 and 30" displays, but my optimum choice would be:

16": 1152x864

20": 1400x1024

23": 1600x1105

26": ?

I think it would be more likely to see it at MWSF. It's only a month, after all. I don't think that we will see a 30" screen, though.

To anyone, what is the point of a 30" display? Who here could actually use the screen real estate? Not want, but need. I'd like to know where the market for these things is.

I'm not saying there isn't a market.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

How many pointless threads are you going to start?

How many pointless replies will you make?
  • Reply 15 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Dr_Holistic, you have a Kormac-esque annoyance factor, but without the entertainment value. Please go away.

Ensign Pulver, you have a Bush-esque annoyance factor, but without the entertainment value. Please go away.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Sorry to interupt throwing eggs at Dr. Holistic, but does anyone think that Apple's updated dead pixel policy might point to new displays, made by a new manufacturer, that have less dead pixels? Or something?

BTW, this is so fun to watch- BR beating on Ensign Pulver beating Dr. Holistic. Boys will be boys.
  • Reply 17 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Sorry to interupt throwing eggs at Dr. Holistic, but does anyone think that Apple's updated dead pixel policy might point to new displays, made by a new manufacturer, that have less dead pixels? Or something?

This doesn't necessarily point to a new manufacturer. It could point to Apple being cheap or the current manufacturer improving its process.

Quote:

BTW, this is so fun to watch- BR beating on Ensign Pulver beating Dr. Holistic. Boys will be boys.

Oh I'm just sick of whiny whiners whining about people posting drivel when they themselves post nothing more productive.
  • Reply 18 of 30
    So...

The product lines have been updated~

What about the new Cinema Display? It should be coming soon!
  • Reply 19 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Oh I'm just sick of whiny whiners whining about people posting drivel when they themselves post nothing more productive.

• Reply 20 of 30
    I'd expect a 26-incher.

17" + 3 = 20" + 3 = 23" + 3 = 30"?

There's somewhat of gap there. Maybe they'll up date them all? Or roll out with more than just one new display? We'll soon see.