Word docs and hidden data

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Perhaps i'll think twice before i write documents now!

Hidden data in word documents

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i wonder, in typical ms fashion when they made word for mac, if they left out this horrid "feature".
  • Reply 2 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    antiword doesn't seem to pick up any of this hidden info from any Word .doc files I have. Hmm.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

antiword doesn't seem to pick up any of this hidden info from any Word .doc files I have. Hmm.

AFAIK it has been fixed in later releases. The article also mentions Office 97 - not exactly the most recent version.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

AFAIK it has been fixed in later releases. The article also mentions Office 97 - not exactly the most recent version.

But still the most common.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    This is good to know. My offer letter for my new position will be a word doc. I'll have to check out all the hidden stuff
  • Reply 6 of 9
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    How many years (and what other surpising and terrifying incident) people will need, to finally learn write documents using LaTeX and NOT MSWord?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

How many years (and what other surpising and terrifying incident) people will need, to finally learn write documents using LaTeX and NOT MSWord?

i think people will need to hear about this "LaTeX" before it could be popular. The only latex i know of is not a computer program.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

i think people will need to hear about this "LaTeX" before it could be popular. The only latex i know of is not a computer program.

Alright then:

TUG

LaTeX
  • Reply 9 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I wonder whether this was ever a problem in the mac versions of word, or whether this is partly a problem of the Windows operating system.