What is going on?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ok what is going on with Adobe... they dropped Premire and some other stuff and now they just introduced something new called Audition and it is Windows only... that is kind of cheap... There is no way this is going to happen to Photoshop and Illustrator and stuff right http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/main.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    I'm guessing this is because of Final Cut Pro and Soundtrack. I doubt that Illustrator and Photoshop will become Windows-only, since they really have no reason, since there's not much else like them (unless there is and I don't know of it).

I'm not in the know that much, so most likely, someone else could say it better than I could.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Just makes you wander if it's right on Apple's behalf to be in the high-end software market. They just piss off companies by releasing this kind of SW to the platform. Of course they have every right to do it but I just think it can become counterproductive
  • Reply 3 of 9
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    isn't apple's software better where they have made it ?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    For the most part. Some apps need to a serious overhaul, like iPhoto, others are the best in the market.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    We've gone over this in threads before. Basically, Adobe doesn't carry a grudge against Apple. it's not about that. The plain and simple fact of the matter is that the demand is no longer there. The video editing market is pretty saturated on the Mac, and if you were still relying on Premiere within the last two to three years for your video editing needs, shame on you

It was no longer worth Adobe's time to develop the product. Remember, Adobe is a corporation. The number one goal of a corporation is profit. It was no longer in Adobe's best interest to waste time on a product that had a rapidly shrinking user base.

As for Audition, someone else already fielded that one. It makes no sense for Adobe to maintain cross platform versions. That takes a lot of time, effort, and money. The audio editing market for the mac is just as saturated as the video editing market.

Now, programs like Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects. These aren't going away. Adobe makes plenty of money off of them. Don't get all freaked out over this, it's really not a big deal. Truth is that even if Premiere and Audition were maintained for the Mac, you wouldn't be using them anyway. Nor would pretty much anyone else that uses a Mac.

This is not a loss for the Mac community, and it is a gain for Adobe. We all win.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    iPhoto WOW I just took almost 50 pics this vacation and now I know what everyone here means by SLOW. But still high quality. Apple software is best-of-breed and I think it would be good to continue the trend of Mini-Microsoft. Apple could become a big company and someday overthrow Wintel and then it would be scary but for now it's good. I am guessing they make good money off their software that isn't free. They should have more of that. I bet they could easily make a better Photoshop or Illustrator if they wanted, just hire a bunch of Mac artists who know what's good about PS and Illustrator and what could be better. But in this case I think that would be bad, pissing off Adobe. Anyway I don't really have a point other than I can't wait for iPhoto 2.1 with more Snappier?!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I believe the new product is just a rebadged Cool Edit Pro.

http://www.adobe.com/special/product...ntrillium.html
  • Reply 8 of 9
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Now I know why they changed the name.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    C'mon, guys, admit it! You love that name.

That's alomost as bad as the 'suck effect' that appeared in the early panther screenies.

But the worst app name EVAR is: (drum roll)

Baby Banger