• Reply 841 of 873
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

In my defense, it HAS taken a while.

Yeah? How old are you then??
  • Reply 842 of 873
    teddyteddy Posts: 155member
    Well I bit.... I am going to school next week and I told myself if they didn't come out today I would buy. I got a 12" PowerBook with a Superdrive. Even if they do come out with new ones soon I need a computer for school and I got a really good deal.. What do you guys think..????
  • Reply 843 of 873
    nemesisnemesis Posts: 138member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Teddy

Well I bit.... I am going to school next week and I told myself if they didn't come out today I would buy. I got a 12" PowerBook with a Superdrive. Even if they do come out with new ones soon I need a computer for school and I got a really good deal.. What do you guys think..????

I told my slef the same thing, BUT...everyone says theyll be coming THIS WEEK..so i extended my dealine till next tuesday, but then again I dont go back to scholl untill sept 20, so I got time.
  • Reply 844 of 873
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Disappointed again... Oh the life!
  • Reply 845 of 873
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    The Register has a new article about impending PBs: PowerBook updates

It'd be cool if they come out one day this week. Would it be disappointing if the 15 ends up with a 1.25 GHz G4? I don't think so. I'd get one.
  • Reply 846 of 873
    Quote:

Originally posted by Teddy

depends on where/from whom you ordered (if not picked up already?)

worst case, new model ships with more stuff for less money just after restock-free period

effectively leaving you with instant "last generation" product just as new stuff replaces it, unless you want to take a hit in open-box return or pay >10% for restocking and hope new PB prices still net out a savings (such as if you're getting an Edu bundle with $300 off iPod as sweetener)

best case, new model announced... you cancel order and upgrade to more for less in same shipment

if you bought with a Credit Card, you should get an extra window to return or replace merchandise,

but the details of how long you can "wait" or "upgrade" your PB before you're "committed" to that model depend on terms and conditions from your vendor in your jurisdiction.

murbot seems to know a lot about the timing of product ordering -vs.- Apple New Product

as far as good computer for your needs (new models unseen)?

a Supadrive Footlong should do nicely for most tasks, especially with max RAM,

but to say it's the best choice depends what you'll be using it for
  • Reply 847 of 873
    When will Apple have a right click option on the TrackPads of iBooks / Powerbooks?

Will the new 12", 15", 17" Powerbooks have USB 2.0?

Will the new 12", 15", 17" Powerbooks have FireWire 800?

Wish List: 12" Powerbook 1.3 Ghz, 512 DDR, 32 Video DDR, 60G, a "full" TrackPad, USB 1 / 2.0, FireWire 400 / 800. BlueTooh built in. All in a thinner case (cost under 1,499$) ---- NOW that would be the "year of the laptop" - [COLOR=blue]

When will Apple have a right click option on the TrackPads of iBooks / Powerbooks?
  • Reply 848 of 873
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    iOnline - I merged your post into this thread because we already have too many PowerBook speculation threads going.

Apple will ship a two button trackpad when they ship a two button mouse standard. They'll ship a two button mouse standard when the interface requires two buttons to use, which, if Apple has any interest in keeping the Mac Mac-like, it never will. Get a two-button rodent and be happy.

Information on the specs of the PowerBooks is thin on the ground; Think Secret has posted a nugget of information, as has PowerBook maven Jason O'Grady, and the Register just pitched in (all these sources are linked in this thread, or in the Poll thread nearby), but the level of detail you're asking for is not yet to be found.

Apple's done a great job of keeping a tight lid on the 'Books, alas.
  • Reply 849 of 873
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    How reliable is a confirmation from O' Grady?

They make it sound like this week is apples ideal hit date...I guess any of the weeks between now and paris are possibilities.
  • Reply 850 of 873
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

How reliable is a confirmation from O' Grady?

Not very; nor is the Register's Tony Smith especially reliable.

Quote:

They make it sound like this week is apples ideal hit date...I guess any of the weeks between now and paris are possibilities.

Good man.
  • Reply 851 of 873
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Think Secret has been very accurate, IMO.

They were right about new iBooks in April, the new iPod, and the Apple Music Store, amongst other things. They make every other rumor site look like child's play.
  • Reply 852 of 873
    THE APPLE STORE IS DOWN!!!!

just kidding... sorry, I couldn't resist. What the hell, whats one more week.....

Ryan

The awesome mac system is:

still waiting for it......
  • Reply 853 of 873
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Good man.

I figured about 50/50 chance for today.

I hoped that if I make simple and random statements, it will look like I put almost no faith into today
  • Reply 854 of 873
    It's funny we havn't heard anything from sources at asia for awhile...
  • Reply 855 of 873
    No new Powerbook yet, guys.

But check your local Apple Store tomorrow if you want to see and try the G5s.

Panther hath spoken.
  • Reply 856 of 873
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addicted2Macs

THE APPLE STORE IS DOWN!!!!

just kidding... sorry, I couldn't resist. What the hell, whats one more week.....

I will KILL YOU!
  • Reply 857 of 873
    Does anyone else find it strangely apropos that this topic was started by soulcrusher?

...crushing souls for over a month and a half...
  • Reply 858 of 873
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

I figured about 50/50 chance for today.

I hoped that if I make simple and random statements, it will look like I put almost no faith into today

so, what's the chances for tomorrow....
  • Reply 859 of 873
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

2/96...the other 2 percent, well I have no idea what it is, but it kinda scares me
  • Reply 860 of 873
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

I don't know what the chances are for tomorrow...but I think the chances for sometime this week are good.