23" LCD's with Dead Pixels

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    Our moderators think that I deserve to be called a troll because I forgot to specify the 17" monitor when I said that Apples monitors are 1.5 times the price of the competetive monitors.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    tidristidris Posts: 214member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

The thing is that the non-premium would be guaranteed some dead pixels, because all the good, no-dead pixel displays would be gone.

So you are saying enough people would be willing to pay a premium for the displays with no dead pixels. I don't see a problem with that.
  • Reply 23 of 37
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

BTW I find your screen name highly offensive.

Most irrelevant statement ever, mr. Falwell. Striking to the extent that it has me laughing out loud. And more. To think that such people still exist! And that is not enough, they insist on making this earth a stinking putrid dwelling for too many on a daily basis.

JUKEBOX HERO

Probably irrelevant as well, but in keeping with this thread's subtext.

I don't believe, to get back on track, that you will find many dead pixels on a screen that is touted as a professional, high-quality screen (as opposed to the 20 inchers, which are not excelling in pixel precision). And the dead-pixel policies are very strict, or so I have heard. Aren't two or three these days enough for an exchange?
  • Reply 24 of 37
    When I bought my 20" from the Apple Store in Bellevue square, the manager said that one stuck/dead pixel was enough for an exchange (2 weeks ago)
  • Reply 25 of 37
    oogjeoogje Posts: 5member
    I have a 23" HD bought when they were introduced. It has one pixel stuck red at the lower middle of the screen and I have to search for it to find it. A couple times I thought it might have gone away and I was sad until I found it. I've become attached to it. Geez, I think I lost it again.

ber
  • Reply 26 of 37
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    For those of you in the UK - the John Lewis Partnership have a policy where you can return an Apple screen if it has a single dead pixel.

The Selling Partner told me that whilst Apple expects the customer to put up with the odd dead pixel (a characteristic of the manufacturing process) John Lewis does not.

JLP appreciate that if you're spending £1700 on a display it had better be perfect.

I was very impressed with this level of service - in fact I buy all my Apple equipment from them because they are so 'professional'. It's probably safer to double check with your local branch that this is still their policy (I'm not sure if it's at the Department Manager's discretion).

JLP get my vote though!
  • Reply 27 of 37
    Our moderators think that I deserve to be called a troll because I forgot to specify the 17" monitor when I said that Apples monitors are 1.5 times the price of the competetive monitors.
  • Reply 28 of 37
    My 23" has one pixel stuck on cyan in the middle-upper-right area. As long as I don't pick a wallpaper that accentuates it, I rarely see it.

I know there are those programs that can show you bad pixels on your screen, but I made a point of not looking, having paid so much for it, I just didn't want to know any earlier than I had to. I also bought it right before the price drop, which didn't make it any better! As it was, I got probably two months of joy out of it before I found the pixel.
  • Reply 29 of 37
    Quote:

Sorry to ruin your hedonism, der Kopf. I find greed and selfishness to be the cause of this stinking putrid dwelling.

Between that and religious, "moral" fanaticism, it's a definite toss-up.

Quote:

Just because you choose to be an immoral prick doesn't mean everybody has to.

"Immoral prick" because I see no wrong in choosing "Messiah" as a handle? See what I mean when I say religious fanatics stink this place up. \
  • Reply 30 of 37
  • Reply 31 of 37
    Quote:

Agreed.

This discussion doesn't fit in current hardware. I've PM'd you instead.
  • Reply 32 of 37

Sorry to the folks I've interrupeted. Especially Elderloc. Hope you find an answer.
  • Reply 33 of 37
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    enough with the stupid flame war. take it outside, or to PM's, where it seems to have gone. you might want to consider editing your posts so you look a little less like a bunch of squabbling kids.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Whoops, beaten to the punch.

I am not deleting any posts, as requested by one person here, but please stop the little flamewar here. Thanks.
  • Reply 35 of 37
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Just so I'm clear on this one...

...why do our moderators think Jukebox Zero is a troll?

• Reply 36 of 37
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i'm sorry, did i say troll?

• Reply 37 of 37
    You beat me to the punch. I was going to call you a cry baby.

Thats fine. I'm a troll because I'm realistic about your precious Apple. I like Apple too, but I'm not going to pretend its perfect.

As soon as someone thinks outside your little box, you have to knock them down. Some admin you are.

Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

i'm sorry, did i say troll?

I'll be the rebel. Thats cool.